No announcement yet.

RetroWars VI: Gamecube v Xbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never had either console (apart from an OGXB for Coinops in recent years), so I'm not massively supportive of either.

Resident Evil 4 was good and I borrowed a friend's cube to play it. Came out on PlayStation later, though.
    The dual analogue sticks were necessary as the N64 and Dreamcast pads felt a regression after a Dualshock.
    MonkeyBall was good for a games night.

Nothing else interested me.
    Sunshine was underwhelming. Get.

I liked the big XBox pads - nice and meaty.
    Halo was great. As was the sequel - dual wielding!
    Burnout 3 was fun.
    Ninja Gaiden was tough but good.

Also, don't forget this insanity:

Comment

I also remember the 1st time I went LIVE, it was increabile !!!
      My Live pack came with MM III and Soldier of fortune II (overlooked classic) I played SOF II LIVE for like 6 hours straight on a early Sunday morning it took my mind of the Hangover tbh ...

I so loved the music in that game and it played like a dream online

Comment

Looking back part of me wonders what MS would have done had Splinter Cell not come along. As much as Halo was lauded it didn't sell the system, Xbox really limped along until Splinter Cell started to attract attention and then Halo 2 was able to run with the ball. It's wonder that had the system not been able to pick up steam beforehand would Halo 2 have meant the Xbox always hit the mark it did or would the system have limped into a comfortable third place?

Comment

The coop on Splinter Cell 3 was cracking too, I remember me and TA had a right laugh on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
            Looking back part of me wonders what MS would have done had Splinter Cell not come along.
            Part of me wonders if Splinter Cell's success is partially fuelled by how much Sony dropped the ball with Syphon Filter.

Comment

I'm surprised Sony haven't brought that one back, seems well suited to their current line up but instead we get Medievil

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                The coop on Splinter Cell 3 was cracking too, I remember me and TA had a right laugh on it.
                Yeah, I loved the multi-player modes in Splinter Cell 2 as well, some real thought was put into their Online modes, it was like Spy Vs Spy.

Comment

It's always worth giving Xbox a nod for Rallisport Challenge as well, backwards compatibility certainly sucked a lot of the necessity out of the system in later years. For Gamecube, hell, I'd love a handheld that ran the line up. I'd say the notable games (which may not be great at times but still hold some form of appeal) would be:

-1080 Avalanche
                  -Battalion Wars
                  -Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg
                  -Chibi-Robo
                  -Donkey Konga
                  -Doshin the Giant
                  -Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
                  -F Zero GX
                  -Geist
                  -Luigi's Mansion
                  -Mario Kart: Double Dash
                  -Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes