Fave Gaming Moments 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fave Gaming Moments 2019

A few too many negative threads at the minute and I need a bit more positivity, chums.

What have been some of your fave gaming moments this year?
    It doesn't have to be a game from this year, just something that made you go "woah!"
    It doesn't even have to be a good game, on the whole, but something that reminded you how cool video games can be.

I played RDR2 for months and I would regularly be amazed at just how pretty it could be.
    Sunsets and rises, snow, thunderstorms and so on. Gorgeous. I really enjoyed taking photos.

The other big one for me this year was finally getting PSVR.
    Either feeling like an action movie star in Superhot or marvelling at the things in front of my face in Astrobot or taking part in a London Heist. I'm into double-figures with the number of people I've put the Shark Encounter on for this year!

So, what are some of the moments that stood out for you this year?
    You lot play a lot more than me, so you must have some corkers.

Running away from charging Cape Buffalo on theHunter

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
      Running away from charging Cape Buffalo on theHunter
      I'm in two minds watching that video you made because it seemed really cruel, but also, I spent a lot of time hunting legendary animals in RDR2, so can't really judge!

Comment

Vanpeebles playing theHunter: Call of the Wild. View more Xbox clips at XboxClips.com

Really you are meant to use the right weapons on the right animal, and down it in one clean shot. If you pepper them and they run off, then you don't score as well.

Like this!!

XboxClips.com - Easily watch and share your favourite Xbox clips and screenshots. XboxClips allows you to watch the top game DVR clips from the latest and greatest xbox games.

or this!!

XboxClips.com - Easily watch and share your favourite Xbox clips and screenshots. XboxClips allows you to watch the top game DVR clips from the latest and greatest xbox games.
        Last edited by vanpeebles; 09-12-2019, 12:32.

Comment

Looks like it's on Games Pass, so I might take a looksee, cheers.

Anyone else? You must have some, [MENTION=345]Neon Ignition[/MENTION]!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
            Looks like it's on Games Pass, so I might take a looksee, cheers.

Anyone else? You must have some, @Neon Ignition!
            Please get it and I'll show the ropes, its got coop. You can join me and TJ on the prowl! The first night I showed TJ how to play and we found a field packed with Hares was legendary

Comment

Arriving at the Police Station again in Resident Evil 2.

Comment

Playing Ace Combat 7 in VR . I really thought I was Tom Cruise/Maverick , even down to the six pack ...Untill I took off the VR headset and then reality and my beer guts hit home .

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                  I played RDR2 for months and I would regularly be amazed at just how pretty it could be.
                  Sunsets and rises, snow, thunderstorms and so on. Gorgeous. I really enjoyed taking photos
                  I need to get over my petty mission gripes with this game and get back in the saddle. Looks amazing.

Comment

In BattleTech: salvaging an Annihilator, mounting two Gauss Rifles and two UAC/5s onto it, and grinning every time a single salvo takes out a 90 ton 'Mech with a called shot to the center torso at long range.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                      I need to get over my petty mission gripes with this game and get back in the saddle. Looks amazing.
                      I spammed the RDR2 thread with pics, but it really is gorgeous.

Comment

My favourite was most likely the "full-on" bit of Blood & Truth, when you're on the rooftop and finally get to dual-wield SMGs.

I grabbed a grenade thrown by an enemy, threw it at a helicopter, then shot the grenade in the air to take out the gunner, before sliding down the side of the building and crashing through a skylight to take out a bunch of guys below.

Best VR experience I've had and just unbelievably slick.

The game might be a bit tonally mixed (it can't decide if it was to be The Fast & the Furious, Snatch, or a Bond movie) but it's really something special.

Comment

My favourite gaming moment came just a couple of days ago when I finished Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. After getting stuck for ages on Genichiro at the top of the dojo and nearly giving up, the rest of the game actually wasn’t too bad. The last boss took a good 30-40 attempts to beat, but once you learn the pattern of all his stages he went down in the end. Not sure if I got the good ending or not, just glad I finished it.

Although I really enjoyed it, not sure I could play through it again on NG+. Maybe play something a bit less stressful now

Comment

Halo: CE with my bud. We'd get bored of the mission in coop and just mess around, getting warthogs into parts of the level they shouldn't be, getting out of bounds and generally spending countless hours trying to wring EVERY possible secret and thing out of it.

We once spent 2 hours just watching bullet casings out the assault riffle roll down slopes, that level deep.

Comment

Loving all these, gang!

Demon's Tilt is a lot of fun and there's a whole load of "what's going oooon?!" whilst the screen flashes and bleeps at you!

Comment

Working...
                              X