Face/Off 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Face/Off 2

Paramount Pictures is reportedly set to remake John Woo’s 1997 action feature “Face/Off” which starred John Travolta and Nicolas Cage. Oren Uziel has been set to write the script, Neal Moritz will produce and David Permut will be executive producer on the new take which will feature a whole new cast. Travolta starred as FBI […]

Paramount have begun work on a remake of the 1997 action film Face/Off. This will be an outright remake with no connection to the original.
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 12-02-2021, 18:54.

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
    http://www.darkhorizons.com/paramoun...ce-off-remake/

Paramount have begun work on a remake of the 1997 action film Face/Off. This will be an outright remake with no connection to the original.
    Why do they always have to remake stuff or reboot something. Just get original.

Comment

It's be nice if they manage to surprise but it's hard not to have an instant gut reaction that this will suck. Face/Off almost lives and dies on that tri-factor of Cage, Travolta and Woo. It's not a well worth revisiting and even if you did it would have to be in the form of a sequel, this immediately brings to mind stuff like the Point Break remake. I guess we can start expecting remakes of Lethal Weapon, Speed, Con Air and The Rock soon... actually... Speed 3 with Keanu...

Comment

Actually I think of all action movies, this one could work quite well as a remake - purely because it's such a weird high-concept.

Ideally it shouldn't be a remake but just an action movie based on the same premise.

Comment

Yeah nail on the head SF, it's gunna be on a par with the Point Break remake. It'll just vanish in to the ether.

Comment

The director of Godzilla vs Kong to direct the reboot of the film

Comment

The director has confirmed he isn't interested in remaking the film... he's making a sequel

Comment

Cage and Travolta squaring off with zimmer frames?

Comment

There's a rumour they plan to recast both roles which takes this back to don't bother territory

Comment

Last month came the news that “Godzilla vs. Kong” and “You’re Next” filmmaker Adam Wingard was directing a new “Face/Off” project for Paramount Pictures. At the time it was clear it wasn’t a remake, rather it seemed to be a film set in the same world as John Woo’s 1997 feature starring Nicolas Cage and […]

The director has said that he isn't interested at all in the concept of face swapping being the reason to continue the franchise, instead that it has to centre on Sean Archer and Castor Troy and continuing their feud. As such it seems the film will happen regardless of who is in it but he also confirms that both Nicholas Cage and John Travolta are interested in returning and are awaiting a decision based on the quality of the final script.

Everywhere the film comes up people keep saying Troy died but to be fair it was a 90's Woo movie and... the film never explicitly states that's the case.

Comment

Cage Talks "Face/Off 2," "Snake Eyes 2" - Dark Horizons
                      Cage says he has had a meeting about the sequel which would revolve around how each characters kids have grown up now and the dynamic between the kids and him and Travolta is even more entwined as a result

Comment

What a shame.

When they announced a sequel, this was one of the ones where I thought it might be good - because the original was built around something quite high-concept, and you could easily have done another movie, new characters, new scenario, but built around the same central premise.

Kinda like what I said about Planes, Trains and Automobiles - remakes of that don't bother me because you don't have to remake the Martin/Candy version; you can just do the same idea (two guys trying to get home for Thanksgiving against the world) with two different comedy actors, and spool it out to whatever works. It could be different every time, just the same core idea.

Given how we're seeing things like DeepFakes today, it's a shame, because you could totally do something cool with Face/Off's concept in 2023. Revisiting the characters of the original is not the way to go.

Comment

Yeah agreed.
                          Its not what Face off was about. Its a high concept action film. I dont care how their lives played out after the events, it's not Sense And Sensibility. Just give me explosions and guns.

Comment

Working...
                          X