Death Stranding (Kojima Productions) PS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Death Stranding (Kojima Productions) PS4

I don't think we have a dedicated thread to this game, which it probably deserves.

Shrouded in mystery, it's Hideo Kojima's new game and Kojima Production's first since falling out with Konami.

The main character of the game is based on Norman Reedus (Daryl Dixon on The Walking Dead).

The term "stranding" is a reference to the phenomenon of whales and dolphins ("whales and dolphiiiinss, yeeeeah!") beaching themselves en masse.

At 1.40 the hill climbing animation looks like that scary dog robot.

Comment

Comment

Do we seriously not have a thread for this?

If I were a betting man, I'd have money on part of the TGS stage show announcing that Keanu Reeves is going to be in the game. Pictures of him visiting their studio showed up on Kojima's twitter this week, and given the track record of nearly everyone else who's done the same having some kind of link to the project (either as a bit part, or contributing to the 'music inspired by' soundtrack), I can totally see Kojima wanting to replicate some of that Cyberpunk hype from E3.

Comment

I had low expectations for Death Stranding after MGS5 and the weak nonsensical reveal, adding in that non-MGS Kojima games are often interesting in concept but lacking in execution. Each gameplay reveal seems to dull my expectations more and more, it's on my radar but largely only because the PS4 exclusives line up is drying up a lot.

Comment

I still think it’s Kojimas folly , visually it’s something else but it doesn’t look particularly enjoyable

Comment

I want to want this game but I just don't. It just looks like this confusing clunky game. Maybe I'll be told otherwise.

Comment

Kojima Production's highly-anticipated debut independent game Death Stranding has finally been confirmed for PC, with a…

Hits PC next summer

Comment

HERE IS THE LAUNCH TRAILER FOR DEATH STRANDING
                  "We’re a little over a week away from the release of Death Stranding. Kojima has kicked off his World Strand Tour, and the first stop is the Paris Games Week. During this event, Kojima has revealed the launch trailer for the game, which you can check out below. There’s also a Japanese version."

Comment

This is either going to be amazing or suffer a PR backlash

Comment

For a large number of people, I don’t think it’s going to matter if it’s amazing or not - they have bought the Kojima hype and are in for the journey. And I don’t even mean that to sound negative. Its kind of his thing now. He has built it up to be more about the cult of him and the visuals and an undefined potential that people can discover themselves. So unlike Molyneaux, who I think he shares a few traits with, he doesn’t just lay out things that aren’t there, leading to inevitable disappointment. He barely lays it out at all and people who go in searching for it will likely find whatever they want to find in it.

Comment

I saw numerous journalists saying that 7 min launch trailer is full of spoilers, knowing Kojima had a segment of ending in the MGSV trailer, I’ve decided to stay well clear of this trailer.

I would be shocked if it didn’t review well, Kojima games always seems to review well, even the bad ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
                          I saw numerous journalists saying that 7 min launch trailer is full of spoilers, knowing Kojima had a segment of ending in the MGSV trailer, I’ve decided to stay well clear of this trailer.
                          I've watched it and I don't think it is. It's just totally unintelligible. People die, then they're alive. People fizzle, then run, flee in fear, see flying animals that shouldn't fly, melt into the sky, disappear like TRON, cry, they're in the desert, they're swimming in oil, they're in major well-known buildings, sci-fi locations, they're old, then they're young, then they're around each other when different ones are old and young, there's future tech, people talk about Americuh...

I mean, after you play the game it would probably seem spoileriffic, but it's just an assault of imagery with no context whatsoever.

Comment

Scanned the reviews and not very helpful on whether this is worthwhile or not. Everything from 9/10's down to 3/10's. Descriptions suggest players may find something to latch onto and enjoy but fail to convey what that is as it otherwise sounds like it revolves more around tedious traversal which slaughtered MGS5 for me.

Comment

EDGE isn't doing a review LOL I guess EDGE can't upset its 'PlayStation Generation' fanbase
                              Last edited by Team Andromeda; 01-11-2019, 15:12.

Comment

Working...
                              X