No announcement yet.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its the first CoD I sank in over 40 hours online since the original MW. Its both fun and frustrating. I still have terrible games, but I also have games I completely wreck in.

The challenges are okay but having to pick them and do them in order kind of sucks. Like you just got your hard earned 10 kill streaks but the challenge isn't set to active.

Comment

PC version seems to be broken with no sign of a fix as yet. Game has been altered in a recent update and it now maxes out your CPU and Memory causing severe stutter, lag and hard crashes. Very poor it's become largely unplayable after such a strong start.

Comment

Not perfect but I've managed to wrestle some performance back by turning the resolution down to 1400p (scaling 4K), all settings down to low/off and then installing a third party programme that isolate the exe file and limits its CPU use to 50%. There's still some lagging that lessens the longer the play session is but they need to sort it asap.

Comment

Does anyone know why not all maps appear in Hardcore modes? Namely the bridge and palace maps.

Comment

A couple more ranks and I'm going to wrap this up for a while, it's far too addictive and is stopping me from playing anything else now that it's running properly again. Definitely one of the better entries

Comment

I got back into playing this over the weekend. Agreed SF, it's insanely addictive. It's such a well made multiplayer game, I find it genuinely compulsive to play. I spent my time on Quick Play, filtering by TDM, Domination and Search and Destroy.

I tend to finish sort of mid-table, with between 7 and 9 kills, although I did have one terrific run where I managed to get the Chopper Gunner killstreak, and finished top of the table with a total of 20 kills. That was on Gun Runner. I played a fair bit of CoD Mobile over Xmas in between working and I think that actually helped me to be a bit better at the game.

The whole production is so slick, it's like a lubed up bar of soap sent spinning down a Slip 'n' Slide. Really, really fun - but dangerously moreish. It's so hard to tear yourself away!

Comment

So as most know on here, I usually bitch and moan when any COD games comes out, this one is no exception!

BUT, I have been plugging away and now enjoy it. I mainly play hardcore as it deals with lag a bit better. I have now racked up 21,000 kills, 6 days play and am having fun. Don't like Ground war. Love the sheer mayhem of shipment:-). Overall, having fun!

Comment

21000 kills? Jeez. I've been playing it most nights. All the time Hardcore. It never gets stale. Absolutely loving it.

Hey @jim_g do you know why some main maps are missing from Hardcore? The Palace and the Bridge.

Comment

I never understand why you moan about CoD yet play thousands of hours of it!

This game is stealing my life. Three of my friends have it now. The crossplay is awesome - I’m on Xbox and they’re all on PS4, but we can all play together without issue.

Really liking the new Capture The Flag mode they’ve added, brings back memories of my earliest forays into this kind of game, playing Quake 3 on LAN with a friend and later Unreal Tournament 2003 and Red Faction online.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                      I never understand why you moan about CoD yet play thousands of hours of it!

This game is stealing my life. Three of my friends have it now. The crossplay is awesome - I’m on Xbox and they’re all on PS4, but we can all play together without issue.

Really liking the new Capture The Flag mode they’ve added, brings back memories of my earliest forays into this kind of game, playing Quake 3 on LAN with a friend and later Unreal Tournament 2003 and Red Faction online.
                      I just like to moan, I am 61 after all! I do really enjoy COD, it is addictive! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                        21000 kills? Jeez. I've been playing it most nights. All the time Hardcore. It never gets stale. Absolutely loving it.

Hey @jim_g do you know why some main maps are missing from Hardcore? The Palace and the Bridge.
                        No idea, but this has nearly always been the case in other CODs, I think, from my grey memory...

Comment

Originally posted by jim g View Post
                          I just like to moan, I am 61 after all!
                          Nice one Jim, I'm 'only' 55 but with you all the way there, it's part of being old and is the law.

Comment

Hehe

Have people got the crossbow yet? I'm still grinding it out.

Must say I'm liking the Kill Chain perk. Getting to a Precision Air Strike can catapult you straight into a VTOL with a bit of luck, which, since it's so OP, will put you straight in a Gunship!
                            Last edited by wakka; 28-01-2020, 16:55.

Comment

I hate being on the end of crossbow spam lol. Gotta love getting a VTOL on Domination.

Comment

Season Two drops today. Can I get a "Oorah!"? lol

Comment

Working...
                                X