Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still stupidly addicted to this.

We're now at the end of season 3 and on the verge of season 4. They've really done a great job of keeping it fresh, with weekly playlist updates, new maps every few weeks, and new modes being dropped in and taken away again to keep you on your toes.

I barely play games online, and this is probably the first time I've really participated in something approaching a live service game. The only other game I've played a significant amount of online in recent years is Mario Kart 8 on WiiU, and by God, I wish Nintendo would create something like this for MK9.

The possibilities for different playlists, tournaments, limited time tweaked versions of modes, dripfed classic maps and characters/vehicles are endless. Not to mention the challenges they could build in, on a season-by-season basis, to let you unlock extra loot (Dodge 5 Blue Shells, win a race by less than 1 second 3 times, etc).

It really could be a whole lot of fun. I wish they would do that. Mario Kart 8 online worked fine, but it was about as basic as it could possibly get.

Comment

Can anyone help , loaded this up last week on Xbox one installed add ons etc just tried to play and keeps telling me campaign is locked . Any advice please

Comment

Not a huge COD fan but I played this recently on Xbox as a last Xbox One X swan song game before upgrading to Series X. Visually it's superb and for me one of the best campaigns to date.

It's a shame we never fully tapped in to the Xbox One X's true power.

Comment

Picked this up on sale. Not a great start have to install a f%^&*n massive file for Warzone THEN I have to download the campaign separately. It is taking up some ridiculous amount of my small HD space on the PS5.

Once I could actually manage to play it, it is a fun COD campaign. Looks amazing and some of the levels so far have been great (and tense AF). Haven't touched multiplayer yet but I am keen to try out the battlefield mode.

Comment

Not gonna lie, I've been having strong thoughts about diving into MWII online (the objective matches that is).

Comment

Tried to play Ground Warfare (or whatever the battlefield mode is called) first time ever in a COD game I could not find a match

Ditto the co-op mode.

I assume everyone is on the new one so this one is dead.

Nonetheless the campaign was fun and I enjoyed it.

Comment

Working...
              X