Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2019

I'd held off on this given the gamer isn't out yet but following the brief public alpha the other week we are now seeing the launch of the expansive beta for the game that lasts upwards of two weeks. PS4 preordered players can pre-load the beta now and access it from tomorrow, the beta goes open on the 14th and then rolls out to other platforms in the following days. The previous alpha was interesting mostly in terms of seeing the changes that have been made and stacking the experience against that of Modern Warfare Remastered.

The game has a very drab appearance but that's fine as it's in fitting with the aesthetic they're going for an frankly a relief after the awful futuristic stylings of past entries. The mode wasn't great either, each player getting a random weapon (matching though) and placed in a small arena 2v2, matches were short and simple run and gun affairs for the most part so it wasn't the best mode. The hope is the new beta will be a better display as Activision have promised to keep rolling in new modes and maps throughout. The biggest noticeable change is the feel and sound of the gameplay, weapons are effective and sound much better than in previous games. There's a weight to them and the gameplay is still fast paced but not the daft excesses of past entries. The arena maps didn't display any of the map design approach the game will use though which will also make or break the experience.

For the full game's release even the campaign returns which could be interesting given IW's entries always remained at the better end of the scale when it came to them. This actually has the early potential to correct the direction of the series.
    1 - End of Service Career
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    5 - Passive Warfare
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    10 - Nuketown
    0%

It is a completely different game to BO4 and more like MW1 in many respects. It is less "arcady" than other CODS and I had to adjust play style before I began to enjoy it more. Graphics are good, sound is good and overall feel is it will be a good COD. Still learning maps, but they seem OK so far except the cave map.

Running and gunning seem less prevalent due to high number of camping spots (not a criticism), the game is different. The TTK is way better than B04. Looking forward to playing the full game in Hardcore.

Usual EU lag is an issue. Some games i am 0.33 KD others 3.00. When I check the stats, my whole team is getting the same good or bad KD depending on the connection. In BO4 players in EU always had advantage over UK. Germans were nearly all high KD due to connections or something. It is a fact of life with online game and has been for some time.

As I am a sucker for all COD games, I will play it relentlessly when it is out. I am Master Prestige Level 620 in BO4 and have maxed out all other CODS except Infinite Warfare which I hated.

Still I am 61 years young and loving my games

Comment

Pretty much everyone on the internet has been glowing positive about this I wonder how it'll do.

Comment

I need to play some more, that's for sure. There's a lot of mantling I've noticed which you need to make use of to out move opponents and the pacing needs adjusting for but I quickly found myself settling. I need to try more maps in TDM, the one that keeps coming up is okay but spawning is absolutely awful atm and the map feels too small.

Comment

Well, some more play and... I like it. I went through a lull but I've found my feet again. I wouldn't say it's MW in the traditional sense, maps are fun but not original MW level good, they're better than the last few games though and gunplay remains good. Crossplay seems to work well too, the game makes it clear when XBO and PC players are involved and there's no discernible advantage to any (it prioritises PSN players in matchups though).

Ground War - well, that's plain damned cheeky and I imagine will be a popular mode. CoD finally just tackles Battlefield head on. It's a carbon copy but with a smaller map making it largely infantry led. Snipers are a big issue but the power of other weapons and abundance of cover make them manageable. It's literally a copy but a better copy of BF than BF has ever accomplished of CoD

Comment

Got to play about 200 matches in the beta. Day 1 purchase easy.

Comment

Anyone been able to give the full game a try yet? My copy unlocked at 2am which is an odd time and useless to getting a quick try in

Comment

HOLY FU8K !!!! This game is something else
                Last edited by Team Andromeda; 25-10-2019, 10:34.

Comment

Said I'd wait until my birthday in 2 weeks from now to get this, so my kids can hand it to me... but.... arrrrgh, muuuust resiiiiist.

Comment

Is the battlefield mode p2p or actual servers? main reason I don't play cod anymore was the p2p being awful, but I like battlefield style chaos which turned my head.

Comment

A while back they confirmed Dedicated Servers so the game could properly support cross play so I think it applies to all modes inc the BF styled one

Comment

Well it is the annual COD event for me as usual.

Lag is up there with the last IW COD game which is the only I haven't prestiged on

Current latency, PS4 mine is 300 to 400 milliseconds and has been as high as 1100

I have a Fibre optic, wired connection, Open Nat

On BO4 - latency is 30 to 40 milliseconds

As I am Prestige Master 692 on BO4 I could be heading back to it soon if the latency persists.

Comment

Well I have given up on this for now.

Lag mainly and the maps way too big and awful, I didn't like the beta and I still think the graphics are sub par.

Have gone back to BO4 and it is way better and a much better game.

Comment

GOTY already. The game is just amazing and the best firefights I've experienced in a FPS since FEAR. Also this game makes the best use of Atmos yet!. The sound desgin is somthing else.

What a game !

Comment

MP or SP?

Been playing MP. It's very moreish. For some reason I never seem to get any other game modes pop up in the playlist other that TDM or DOM. I've not filtered anything out.

Comment

Working...
                              X