Dark Army

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dark Army

“Bridesmaids” and “Spy” director Paul Feig will pen and direct a new monster movie titled “Dark Army” for Universal Pictures. Feig came up with the original idea which will make use of the studio’s classic monster library (Dracula, Frankenstein, Wolf Man) with characters from that appearing alongside original characters created by Feig. However it will […]

Universal is to make a new stand alone monster movie called Dark Army which utilises several of their Monster Universe creatures alongside new creations from the films director Paul Feig, his prior experience coming from Ghostbusters: Answer the Call

Paul Feig, I'll pass. I haven't enjoyed any movie he's been involved in.

Comment

So this is gunna be a slapstick monster movie with fart gags then. Great.

Comment

Paul Feig, I'm in. Bridesmaids, A Simple Favo(u)r, Ghostbusters, Spy.

All great.

Comment

I actually quite liked Spy. Will watch out for this. Has anyone ever done a "Kaiju comedy" before?

Comment

It might end up being a lame version of Monster Squad.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
              Paul Feig, I'm in. Bridesmaids, A Simple Favo(u)r, Ghostbusters, Spy.

All great.
              I came in just to make a Dad’s Army joke but, yeah, this.

Comment

I'm mostly curious about the tone this will go under. If it's a low budget comedy interpretation it would make sense to me, personally I don't find Feige's films funny and the humour in GB was excruciating at times but it's very subjective when it comes to comedy. If it's not then it'd be really puzzling as whilst I can take GB at face value at times I won't lie, the only good bits about that film for me are the GB elements that Feige can't take credit for. They're the elements that were always there and so are decent in spite of the film meaning the idea of him attempting something similar or darker... well, I'd need a ton of convincing.

Comment

Working...
                X