User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by JazzFunk View Post
    Um Bongo, Um Bongo, they drink it in The Congo.

Kia-Ora also had a catchy tune.

Um Bongo was the drink you wanted though. Or Five Alive.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzFunk View Post
    I had Feud on Speccy, too, it was my second new Speccy game in early '87, after Renegade. I was wowed by the exquisite, detailed graphics (I'd owned an Electron prior) but eventually got infuriated with its gameplay.
    I used to just wander around enjoying the atmosphere -- and then feel scared when the 'evil brother' came after me. The Amstrad version also looked really nice with some excellent music. A game that managed to draw you into another world.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    Loads. Input used to be a mag multi format 8 Bit Micro Mag that taught you basic and would show you step by step how to make patterns, simple maze games Ect .
    Now I know why I didn't buy it. I remember typing in a few listings when I first got a computer and I didn't enjoy the experience.

I've always been interested in computer/console tech, but the coding side of things is beyond me. I admire programmers but I have no interest in indulging in that sort of thing. It is interesting to see what clever coders managed to do with limited hardware -- and sometimes it's interesting to read their explanations -- but actual coding isn't something I'd ever be good at or enjoy.

I still think it's awesome how people code games, because I know I'd never be able to grasp it. It's just something that I'd never be good at because I have no passion for mathematical stuff. I was always good at English, Geography, Art, Humanities, because they interest me far more than maths.

Thank god for people who love the mathematical side of things though, because we wouldn't have games if they didn't create computer programming and use it to put all sorts of games together
    Last edited by Leon Retro; 20-09-2019 at 11:52 AM.