Analogue DAC now available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Analogue DAC now available

For all Super NT/Mega ST and Nt Mini owners, you can now play these consoles on CRT Tv's.

It’s the antithesis of a Framemeister.

Comment

Probably not, apparently it only works with Analogue products.

Comment

Surely if you want to play on crts then what is the point, you might as well just use the original consoles.

Comment

But original consoles are old and have issues like jailbars and variable audio quality. The FPGA systems are pretty much flawless.

Comment

The RGB output of the original multi-chip Super Famicom is pretty bad. By far the worst of any of the old consoles I have... and to get really good RGB output you need to first locate a Super Famicom jr. then mod it for RGB, and even then it'll be a one chip which can have some oddities.

The means you get to use your new and shiny Super Nt on a CRT.

Comment

Retro gamers are getting rinsed and they are gleefully accepting it. What a crock, all this FPGA stuff is hilarious, just get an actual 20 quid console.
              Last edited by Baseley09; 17-09-2019, 10:09.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                Retro gamers are getting rinsed and they are gleefully accepting it. What a crock, all this FGPA stuff is hilarious, just get an actual 20 quid console.
                About time someone said it!

Comment

Is there a technical reason that I'm missing that this only works with Analogue products?

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                    About time someone said it!
                    I third that, Analogue do seem to be taking the **** a bit with some of their products, the NES console they did was just a joke at the price they charged. They don't have a European arm or supplier either.

Comment

Facts are it's not the real thing and for near £200 (nt/sg) you don't get a single controller. Amazing days.

Comment

Sorry dudes but my SFC running in RGB through a Framemeister still looks worse than my Analogue NT. It sounds worse too due to the low sample rate music plays back at on that console. Sure, playing audio back at a higher sample rate on the NT isn't true to the original but it is better.

Same with Mega Drive. It's while the original hardware sounds amazing the image quality isn't rock solid on a modern TV where as it is on the Mega SG. Sure, get a CRT you may be thinking. The sad truth is, I don't have the space.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                          Sorry dudes but my SFC running in RGB through a Framemeister still looks worse than my Analogue NT. It sounds worse too due to the low sample rate music plays back at on that console. Sure, playing audio back at a higher sample rate on the NT isn't true to the original but it is better.

Same with Mega Drive. It's while the original hardware sounds amazing the image quality isn't rock solid on a modern TV where as it is on the Mega SG. Sure, get a CRT you may be thinking. The sad truth is, I don't have the space.
                          Then you might as well emulate, the whole thing is extremely fake. And expensive with it for no good reason.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                            Then you might as well emulate, the whole thing is extremely fake. And expensive with it for no good reason.
                            Development, testing and its not going to be produced in the millions like mainstream consoles so manufacturing costs will be higher.
                            agree with Baseley09 though it should come with at least one pad in the price.

Comment

Working...
                            X