Retro|Spective 105: inFamous

The History in Games:
    2009 - inFamous
    2011 - inFamous 2
    2011 - inFamous: Festival of Blood
    2014 - inFamous: Second Son
    2014 - inFamous: First Light

Overview:
    Leaving Sly Cooper behind, Sucker Punch aimed to capitalise on the superhero craze with this open world series that saw you master electric powers in a ruined city. The series continued under this guise until the PS4 sequel that moved things onto a new protagonist whilst still offering a very similar experience. The story could be slightly altered by your actions falling on either good or evil on a sliding measure scale. The series was pushed hard by Sony but never quite broke through to the extent of some others and following the early PS4 pair of offerings Sucker Punch went to ground not to release anything else until the incoming Ghosts of Tsushima.

Share your thoughts and memories of the inFamous series
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 30-09-2019, 12:41.

Bit naff.

Comment

It's another series, like Assassin's Creed that I've never played.

Comment

I think with this it was always a bit telling that the shorter entries like Festival of Blood worked better than the main entries

Comment

I absolutely loved them to be honest. Anyone who knows me a little bit knows that I haven’t got a lot of patience with games, but I played all of these to completion. Would jump right in to another one if they made it.

Comment

I’ve never played any of them but always fancied giving them a go. Anyone got an opinion on which one is the best in the series?

Comment

I always preferred Festival of Blood the most but if you're playing via PS4 go for First Light as it's similarly a condensed focused taster of the series.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                Would jump right in to another one if they made it.
                Definitely! I'd love to see more in the series akin to First Light as that was the perfect length.

Comment

This has made me redownload the first which I for some reason have a digital copy of. Handy the Mrs is away for a week!

Comment

I liked the first one better than any of the sequels. It was a fun game with a great comic-book vibe.

Comment

I like the sound of a condensed, focused game therefore should probably go for First Light, although there seems to be a lot of love for Infamous 2 around online.

Comment

Working...
                      X