No announcement yet.

The Batman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think they have a preferred role which is where the original Penguin rumours came from but he wants to consider the other villains the film will have. They really need to just move on from him if true.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
      Does that imply that they don’t even know what character they have in mind for him?
      I also saw Hill was down to be The Riddler, but I think he'd make a better Penguin. Ooof, you bitch.

I agree. People who want more money than is on offer usually get replaced and life goes on.
      Terence Howard in Iron Man, Crispin Glover in Back to the Future, Marcus Chong ("Tank") in The Matrix and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
        I think they have a preferred role which is where the original Penguin rumours came from but he wants to consider the other villains the film will have. They really need to just move on from him if true.
        That shows a total lack of direction and the film hasn’t even started. Trying to land a cast member without even knowing who they will play is lunacy.

Comment

I think the only way I'd expect something like that is if the studio is trying to land a big name, like if you're desperate to land Tom Cruise for something, but for Jonah Hill?

Comment

Agreed. Also what's wrong with getting NPH in for the role (I remember seeing a mock-up of him as The Riddler around the time The Dark Knight Returns came out). He looked like a good fit and its a shame DC won't go with him for the role.

Comment

Google tells me NPH is normal pressure hydrocephalus and, while this would be worthy representation, I feel casting this condition as the Riddler could be misconstrued and result in outrage.

Comment

Zoe Kravitz (“Big Little Lies,” “Fantastic Beasts”) has reportedly been cast as Selina Kyle/Catwoman in Matt Reeves’ “The Batman” at Warner Bros. Pictures. The Wrap broke the story, but further specifics are under wraps. Robert Pattinson plays Bruce Wayne/The Batman in the film which is said to have more of a noir detective tone than […]

Zoe Kravtiz has been cast as Catwoman

Comment

Jonah Hill has reportedly dropped out of talks to star as The Riddler in Matt Reeves’ “The Batman” and has moved on from the project. Why Hill is passing isn’t clear, though talks were said to be very early when the news broke the other week and was met with a mixed reaction. More recently […]

Jonah Hill is out

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                    Jonah Hill is out
                    ...of the Batman film.

Maybe he got upset when loads of people assumed his best fit would be Penguin, rather than Bane.

Comment

Or Robin.

Comment

“There Will Be Blood” and “Love and Mercy” star Paul Dano is in official talks to join Matt Reeves’ “The Batman” at Warner Bros. Pictures. The studio has confirmed the role, saying Dano is up for playing the classic comic villain The Riddler who will go by the slightly altered name of Edward Nashton in […]

Actor Paul Dano is now said to be in the running to play the Riddler

Comment

He’s like a bad drawing of Wesley Crusher.

Comment

He was really good in "There Will Be Blood" and "Prisoners", so I'll be interested to see what he brings to the role.

Comment

This is lining up to be a decent cast if we get Dano and Kravitz to join. Could this be a return to good Batman films with this upcoming entry? The only concern is if they want to reintroduce him to the other major DC characters. How will they explain Bruce's change from mid-40 something to early-30 something with different eye colour/skin tone? Its up to DC how to establish that though.

Comment

Oscar-winner Michael Giacchino has revealed, in rather spectacular fashion, that he will compose the score for filmmaker Matt Reeves’ “The Batman” at Warner Bros. Pictures. Giacchino previously worked with Reeves on the last two “Planet of the Apes” films and has done the scores for such movies as “Up,” “The Incredibles,” “Rogue One: A Star […]

Michael Giacchino will score the film

Comment

Working...
                                X