No announcement yet.

The Batman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rumors of his casting have circulated for over a month, but now filmmaker Matt Reeves has finally confirmed that “Westworld” actor Jeffrey Wright will be playing Commissioner James Gordon in the upcoming “The Batman” for Warner Bros. Pictures. He joins a cast that includes Robert Pattinson as Batman, Paul Dano as The Riddler and Zoe […]

Jeffrey Wright has been cast as Commissioner Gordon. I do like Wright, nice to see him get back into a more prominent big screen role.

Comment

Oh, he's great in Westworld, that's a good shout.

Comment

Colin Farrell is reportedly in negotiations to play The Penguin in the Matt Reeves-directed “The Batman” at Warner Bros. Pictures. Should the deal close, he will round out the main trio of villains alongside Paul Dano as The Riddler and Zoe Kravitz as Catwoman. The trio will take on Robert Pattinson as Batman, while other […]

Colin Farrell is in talks to play the Penguin

Andy Serkis is reportedly in talks to play Bruce Wayne’s loyal butler Alfred Pennyworth in Matt Reeves’ “The Batman” reports The Wrap. Serkis would join the cast which includes Robert Pattinson as Bruce Wayne/Batman, Zoe Kravitz as Selina Kyle/Catwoman and Paul Dano as Edward Nashton/The Riddler. Serkis also steps into a role played by many […]

Whilst Andy Serkis is in talks to play Alfred

Comment

God I cant be bothered. WB have REALLY f****d up their universe building utterly and irreparably.

They can make all the half decent individual films they want but the whole is shot to bits.

Done, out.

Comment

The Batman: Robert Pattinson Learning Jiu-Jitsu From John Wick Trainer

"Photos have surfaced over the past week of actor Robert Pattinson beginning his training for The Batman, which will begin shooting early next year. Given that the role of the iconic vigilante is physically taxing, seeing Pattinson hard at work training months ahead of time comes as no surprise. However, it is worth paying attention to who he's training with, and Pattinson is undoubtedly working with one of the best.

The photos of Pattinson were originally posted online by Rigan Machado, an 8th degree red and black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and one of the well-known Machado brothers. Not only is Machado incredibly skilled in his craft, but he's also worked with some of the biggest action stars in the world. This includes actors like Vin Diesel, Charlie Hunnam, and Keanu Reeves, the latter of which trained with Machado for one of his most popular roles: John Wick.

In preparation for the first John Wick film, Reeves worked closely with Machado to learn Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and it certainly paid off. John Wick is regarded as one of better action franchises out there, due in large part to Reeves' work as the main character.

Machado's posts about his training with Pattinson have been deleted from Instagram, so the studio is likely trying to keep everything regarding The Batman under wraps.

"It's maybe the craziest thing I've ever done in terms of movie stuff," Pattinson said in an interview last month when asked about trying on the Batsuit. "I put it on. I remember saying to [director] Matt [Reeves], 'It does feel quite transformative!' He was like, 'I would hope it does! You're literally in the Batsuit!'"

“And it’s pretty astonishing, something that is incredibly difficult to get into, so the ritual of getting into it is pretty humiliating," Pattinson continued. "You’ve got five people trying to shove you into something. Once you’ve got it on, it’s like, ‘Yeah, I feel strong, I feel tough, even though I had to have someone squeezing my butt cheeks into the legs.’”

The Batman arrives on June 25, 2021 and is being directed by Matt Reeves. The film stars Robert Pattinson, Zoe Kravitz, Paul Dano, and Jeffrey Wright."

Comment

Worth remembering though, The Batman isn't going to be part of the DCU

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                  No, it's going to start the new BatVerse, along with SUICIDE SQUAD, which is a totally different movie to Suicide Squad.

Comment

I'll give Robert Pattinson his due. Outside of the Twilight films (Pattinson has derided his role in those films plenty) the guy's turned in some decent performances (I've heard that recent film The Lighthouse is meant to be one of his best). I believe with a role like Bruce Wayne/Batman he'll put his own spin on it and although we may not get a version that is as physically imposing as Ben Affleck's we'll get a decent performance from the guy (as long as they don't mimic Batman Forever, thanks).

Comment

One more name has been added to the cast of Matt Reeves’ “The Batman” film at Warner Bros. Pictures. Veteran actor John Turturro has joined the cast in the role of mob boss Carmine Falcone. He takes on a role previously played by Tom Wilkinson in “Batman Begins” and John Doman in “Gotham”. Turturro joins […]

John Turturro has been cast as Falconi in The Batman

Comment

Matt Reeves has released a short bit of ret lit test footage showing Pattinson as Batman which shows they're going with an armoured suit look

Comment

Stunt actor shots

Comment

Meet the new Batmobile

A first look at the new Batmobile in Matt Reeves’ “The Batman” has been revealed by the director himself. Reeves posted photos showing off Robert Pattinson’s new Batcar which is quite different to all the ones we’ve seen before and most resembles the original 1960s TV series version – albeit grungier and more high tech. […]

Comment

Sorry, was trying to add pics for you.

Looks like a modified Dodge Challenger.

Comment

Not got much of a budget?

Comment

Working...
                                X