Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Out for a while, how's the market looking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out for a while, how's the market looking?

Hi all, it's been a very long time.

I'm in the process of attempting to move house, which implies raising cash and decluttering. Hence my thoughts turn to my collection. I know many of us have been here so often, should I sell up then risk rebuying, but I haven't played anything much for years. Most of my spare time goes to my startup, playing music, going out etc. I still like games in theory, and if I had infinite time...

So, I'm ready to sell, but wanted to check first. Are prices at least reasonable? If I'm going to go to the trouble of pricing, organizing and posting, I'd like to get back something decent at least. It's ~150 games for Dreamcast / PS2 / PS3 / Wii / GC / Original Xbox mainly, mostly NTSC-U. Also consoles (Hardware BC PS3, Wii, modded Xbox, modded Dreamcast).

If the market has crashed, I'll just box them up and take them with me, because it won't seem worth the effort.

Hope you're all having fun out there.
    Last edited by topper; 30-09-2019, 18:56.

The retro market is generally good. I think if anything stuff is at the most expensive it has been. The only exception is that some games which used to command very high prices have seen their value dip slightly due to re-releases.

Comment

As above,though as with all things retro these past few years , it's all about condition , if it's minty and complete , you are half way there of getting a decent return, Dreamcast has been rising steadily for certain games ,especially for rubbish ones ??!!a copy of Moho on dreamcast went for over 250 the other day on ebay !!

Wait for pound listing days for maximum return to as they say every little helps

Comment

Generally I'd forget selling you original Xbox games (unless you are offloading Morrowind). Prices are getting better but still not far off of rock bottom.

Comment

Thanks all. Generally, I found the prices for PS2 and Gamecube to be decent (aka high enough to be worth selling). PS3, original Xbox, and Wii to be through the floor and not worth the effort except for a few exceptions. Also I only have a few Dreamcast games, Shenmue being the only one of significant value.

Comment

I'm not sure PS3 etc. will ever pick up. Too many games of that era are either online multiplayer, or are incomplete on disc and require day-1 patches, meaning that once their services go down, they'll lose a lot of their use. So many titles of that era are also available digitally or have seen a re-release in the following era. Hell, many of the more interesting games of that era are already incomplete; take MAG which no longer works, or Demons Souls which no longer has live servers.

The PSP already doesn't have access to the PSN store (you have to connect it to a PS3 and transfer the games over). The PS3's cutoff will probably be a bit further into the future, but it's definitely gonna happen at some point, and probably earlier than you expect.

The PS2 has none of those issues.

Comment

Working...
            X