User Tag List

Apex Legends (Xbox One, PS4 & PC)

A battle royal game with its niche being Hero abilities and fast movement options which help it stand out from Realistic pixel hunts of Pubg to Fortnites Building spam and environmental destruction.

Season 3 is now on us, the single biggest change is the removal of Kings Canyon for an entirely new map based around 4 different biomes(lava,ice,urban and spring water/grass) and large train traveling between the areas. Its very open, with alot of vertical places to climb or swing to and alot houses or flats/office building to run into into that usually act a centre point for each named areas.

Played 6 won 3 from what i played tonight, as it really suits my mid range sniping and then getting mucky with a LMG or SMG close up.

New guy Crypto, has really fast moving drone (but extreme weak, 1 bullet from assault rifle will take it down) you can fly around at the expense of losing control of your guy. The drone can mark and track opponents through walls so long as it can see them (so you can leave it deployed and as long as someone runs into its vision cone you and party can see them), destroys deployable equipment (DOC,gas,wattson stuff) and as an ultimate explodes causing shield damage through walls. So far i've found it's not useful early on, you can't afford to have 1 man out of the battle. But later on in the smaller circles it seems to shine finding campers and easily tagging the whole play area so you can see through walls effectively.
    Last edited by Tobal; 05-10-2019 at 07:20 PM.

put a few hours into now, and the new map has some problems. The increased size and large empty spaces between main hubs can lead to little action and with the increased loot pool is so very easy to end up with no weapons or shields which means you either have a long run to next hub or you hope your teammates faired better and leech off their kills. Also a few of the huge hubs (big city ones and the Ice site) are pretty bad on the frame-rat. The hubs all sit in a crater so any 3rd party wandering in following the gunshots and have the entire area in view, often with a rifle, making getting tagged by 3,4 or 5 parties common occurrence.

New charge rifle is an instant win button, the charging beam does damage, then additional pop from the round goes off doing up to 70-80 damage easily with no bullet drop, the only thing balancing the rifles, so im expecting some quick nerfs.

Other than those problems i'm still enjoying it, the slowed paced due to 3rd party snipers making the good players that like bum-rushing with wraith, pathfinder and octane think twice before trying to solo a 3 man team, gives bad and average players breathing space.

and to finish of a little 5mins highlight of walling off 3 other teams and whittling them down.