Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fighty games on Switch

Hey all,

Quick question, does anyone play fighters on the Switch in Handheld mode?

Going to the states in 3 weeks & looking for some games to play on the plane & was wondering how fighters hold up in handheld mode?

I'm quite heavy handed at time when doing special moves so don't want to snap the thing in 2 if I get a bit carried away, is is sturdy enough or am I better leaving on the teeny tiny table & playing with the joycons docked in the controller accessory?

Thanks

Neil

I would love to play some of them, but the problem is the lack of a d-pad on the left Joy-con.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
      I would love to play some of them, but the problem is the lack of a d-pad on the left Joy-con.
      It's still such a weird decision

Wondering if I just use it in table mode & grab a Hori pad to use on the flight instead

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
        It's still such a weird decision

Wondering if I just use it in table mode & grab a Hori pad to use on the flight instead

Neil
        True, but given how the Joycons work with multiplayer stuff, I'm OK with it on the whole. This is really my only gripe.

Comment

Could be worth looking at those replacement Joycons that have a d-pad instead of buttons. I think they may be Hori too? Last I looked, they were pretty cheap. They only work in handheld mode but could be good for what you need. Given my own Joycon woes, I was thinking of investing a set to spread the controller load in my house.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
            True, but given how the Joycons work with multiplayer stuff, I'm OK with it on the whole. This is really my only gripe.
            Oh yeah as a rule of thumb they are great but no actual D-Pad is the only thing that could have made them awesome

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
            Could be worth looking at those replacement Joycons that have a d-pad instead of buttons. I think they may be Hori too? Last I looked, they were pretty cheap. They only work in handheld mode but could be good for what you need. Given my own Joycon woes, I was thinking of investing a set to spread the controller load in my house.
            Oh interesting, will look into those
            *engages lazy mode* Do you have any links to the ones you have been looking at??

Thanks

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
              Oh interesting, will look into those
              *engages lazy mode* Do you have any links to the ones you have been looking at??

Thanks

Neil
              This is a fancy Zelda one but it’s the first I could find! Only seems to be a left but that’s all you really need given that the dpad would only be on one side: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Official-Ni...0101789&sr=8-1

Comment

There is a plain blue one of those but it only came out in Japan. I think we only got the Zelda and Mario versions in the link.

Comment

This is a fancy Zelda one but it’s the first I could find! Only seems to be a left but that’s all you really need given that the dpad would only be on one side: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Official-Ni...0101789&sr=8-1
                  I picked up one of these for flights to Hong Kong and it held up really well, made pulling off special moves much easier and served me well on more retro style games.

Comment

Pimp up your Switch with a Whori controller!

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                      There is a plain blue one of those but it only came out in Japan. I think we only got the Zelda and Mario versions in the link.
                      Originally posted by dyer60 View Post
                      I picked up one of these for flights to Hong Kong and it held up really well, made pulling off special moves much easier and served me well on more retro style games.
                      Thanks guys appreciate the advice

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
                      Pimp up your Switch with a Whori controller!
                      A what now??

Comment

Working...
                      X