Comment

Originally posted by punio75 View Post
      Think I’ve decided on the C9. Now whether to wait till Black Friday
      How much where you are?

In NZ its 5500 or 2700 pounds

Comment

The 55” is done to £1499.

Comment

Still haven't bitten- seems they go down in price early November so that could be the time.

Comment

Anyone know the optimum picture settings when using a base model Xbox One on an old 1080p Samsung 32" telly (one that Lyris recommended back in 2011 and it still works, amazingly)???

Yeah, been having trubs with Deus Ex MD, blacks have been far too dark so I switched the colour settings to PC-RGB and the blacks look way more balanced and the colours seem to merge better, though the image looks a bit softer.

Am I using the right setting for such an old telly?

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
              Anyone know the optimum picture settings when using a base model Xbox One on an old 1080p Samsung 32" telly (one that Lyris recommended back in 2011 and it still works, amazingly)???

Yeah, been having trubs with Deus Ex MD, blacks have been far too dark so I switched the colour settings to PC-RGB and the blacks look way more balanced and the colours seem to merge better, though the image looks a bit softer.

Am I using the right setting for such an old telly?
              Have you used the picture tuning options within the Xbox AV options? It’s pretty useful. The PC-RGB colour space isn’t the correct one to use though.

Comment

Yeah, I'll have another fiddle. I've got my TV's HDMI1 channel named as "PC", think I heard yonks back that if you do that it outputs as though it's a PC monitor/signal??? Though I was using this setting for my old 360 lead and never changed it.

Comment

That’s a bargain.

Comment

I'd go for the C9 or wait a year until more TVs are using the hdmi 2.1 standard.

VRR is going to be key on new consoles and PC cards from here on... I'm sitting here with a 2014 4K Samsung that doesn't support HDR let alone the newer stuff so I'm holding out for more competition and a clearer picture (ho ho) of what the new consoles support.

Given that I'll probably buy black friday next year but I haven't ruled out getting a current model when the next iterations are released.

Comment

Working...
                    X