No announcement yet.

Analogue Pocket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone tried to go back to gen 1&2 pokemon? it's brutal, the games are super janky to the point i couldn't bear to do it anymore especially in japanese my lust for pokemon before it was a thing in the west has long gone. They just sit there in a small pile frozen in time, the save files i'm going to guess are toast by now they still were there 10 years back but i haven't checked since no battery can keep going for that long. Wish i had backed up my crystal save as i had the mobile adapter event activated to get celebi officially and everything, ah well you live & learn.

Comment

Yep I completed both Red and Gold this year. I have all the Pokémon I can obtain in Red and I'm approaching the same milestone in my Gold version. I'm going to play the Blue and Silver and transfer the Pokémon I need and then probably get started on the national dex in the gen 3 games too.

Permanent saves thanks to the Everdrive GB X7 makes me not feel guilty about pouring a decent amount of time into them.

Originally posted by importaku View Post
      Wish i had backed up my crystal save as i had the mobile adapter event activated to get celebi officially and everything, ah well you live & learn.
      There are a few people in a Discord I am in that buy JP Crystal carts in bulk in the hope of getting the save and additional data! Sadly they all seem to come with dead batteries of course.

As your gen 1 games had no RTC it may be that the saves are intact still. This isn't wholly uncommon.

Comment

You have more endurance than me then speedy hehe, they were something back in the day but nowadays i find the music nostalgic yet really ear grating at the same time, the spritework is rough too it's a product of it's time so i can't be too harsh but i think i have just reached the point that i'm totally burned out on the whole mainline series of games. I lasted upto the DS gen and then i officially stopped for good. Saying that i still want the switch version of snap, weirdly the only pokemon game that is enticing as i used to adore the N64 one ahh the memories of beating the hell out of mew with apples to freeze him from flying off till you got super close up then going snap crazy for super high point pics hehe.

Comment

Yeah they're certainly beginning to show their age compared to when I last seriously played them which was around 12 years ago now. Still enjoyed them plenty although grinding the elite 4 for experience is so unbearable slow in Gold. In Red I may have used a certain well known glitch to duplicate Rare Candies to make the experience less painful...

I still tend to play them but I didn't play USUM as it seemed to just be a revised SM and I'm going to be skipping the DP remakes for now. Legends looked excellent though, will get that immediately.

I really enjoy the N64 Pokémon games and Snap is definitely the standout. I may even go as far as say that it is my favourite N64 game. I bought New Pokémon Snap but I just haven't gotten around to it yet as I've barely used my Switch since I stopped playing Animal Crossing last year.

Comment

the x2 x3 speed modifiers in pokemon stadium when playing the original games on it via the transfer pack made it a bit more bearable even the devs knew it was a slow annoying grind otherwise those modes would have never been put in lol.

Comment

Hey now...

I only had a PlayStation at the time, I would have killed for a Super Game Boy or the transfer pak method via Stadium.

Comment

Do you have to pay up front for a pre-order? As I might go for one if not. Can decide if I really want it later

Comment

You do yeah.

Comment

I'm a little tempted to get in on the pre-order action this Tuesday but not sure I can justify paying full cost upfront at order, especially if Analogue turn around and say I'm only getting the product at Q4 2022 or 2023.

Comment

You can cancel your preorder for a refund according to the website, if that's any use.

Comment

I'll make sure to order the dock this time. Was kicking myself for skipping it last time.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                          You do yeah.
                          Ooof, absolutely not.

Comment

It’s all a bit Kickstartery, but it will highlight just how many people genuinely, desperately want one.

Comment

I’ll try and preorder one and if the wait is too long or “unofficial” firmware isn’t available I’ll cancel

Comment

Embargo lifts 4PM tomorrow by the way, which will be the same time orders begin on Tuesday.

Looks like the usual suspects have review units so I'll be looking forward to watching those when I get home from work.

As for payment upfront, I don't think that is especially uncommon now. You'd be spending that money later anyway so I don't really see the issue if you're committed to buying something. I'd hope they organise into delivery windows quickly like they did with the Playdate.

Comment

Working...
                                X