No announcement yet.

Analogue Pocket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Touchy diagonals, apparently. If that’s true then NGPC fighters are going to make for a frustrating experience.

Everything else looks solid.

Comment

Yeah it sounds absolutely brilliant to be honest. The screen sounds insanely good, light years ahead of anything else designed for this purpose.

Comment

Hot damn. This thing looks so bloody lovely!!

Comment

Yeah I've been watching a bunch of reviews and I'm really happy with how it turned out.

Now I'm just praying for the dispatch notification!

Comment

Yeah it's an excellent review by DF, Ted.

I'm blown away by how much better and more accurate they show it to be than benchmark screen mods like McWill for GG, etc.

Looking forward to the bum rush at 3.59 tomorrow

Comment

Got a rare day off today so will be poised over the iPad at 1600 to order one of these beauties.

Comment

Today's the day people. Get those F5 fingers ready.

Comment

These things look great, but I have to remind myself that a great deal of these portable games are pretty basic and a lot of this will be mainly nostalgia and enjoying looking at how they cleverly used the limited pixel palette to create amazing sprites and backgrounds.

Comment

Wasn't dispatched yesterday, guess they can't do the initial lot all on the same day. Bit annoyed but what is a few more days?

Comment

As is always the case with Analogue stuff, since ordering this thing I've been slowly adding to my collections for these systems, and I'm feeling pretty excited about it now being so close. The one other piece of news I've been wanting to see is the other adaptors (NGPC but particularly the HuCard one) being made available - had somewhat ignorantly been thinking it was just a case of making the physical product, but now seeing these detailed analysis of how much has gone into Game Gear support, I realise it's a much bigger deal than that!

Folks seem a little down on it, but even in its most basic form I'm quite excited about the dock product too.

Good luck to everyone getting in line today!

Comment

Some possibly slightly dodgy shenanigans at Analogue:

On its own you could ask how true it is, but the first coment is from the MiSTER GBA core developer who says he experienced similar. The end result looks amazing but their business practices need to be more professional by the sound of it. An interesting read if nothing else.

Comment

I don't think people are too down on the dock, it just seems the software for it is unfinished so there's a question mark hanging over it atm.

I'm not going to get that personally as for me this machine is all about that delightful screen.

Originally posted by QualityChimp
                          These things look great, but I have to remind myself that a great deal of these portable games are pretty basic and a lot of this will be mainly nostalgia and enjoying looking at how they cleverly used the limited pixel palette to create amazing sprites and backgrounds.

That's right, just keep telling yourself that

Nah I know what you mean. Although I think GBA has a great library of games that are very much ripe to return to, for me at least.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                            That's right, just keep telling yourself that

Nah I know what you mean. Although I think GBA has a great library of games that are very much ripe to return to, for me at least.[/INDENT]
                            [/COLOR]
                            That's definitely an element of it, so can we all just try to be a bit more negative, please?

I was quite late with the GBA, so there's less nostalgia than the OG GB, but you're right, there's a a decent selection of games on that beefier platform.

Comment

I'm only in line for one of these because of the fabled SFC and Mega Drive support. Jailbar'd GBA video output when using the LCD shaders is far from optimal, and I don't have much love for the GB/GBC library. My original JP launch AGB-001 with AGS-101 screen mod still gets lots of use, and I'd never dream of playing NGPC fighters on anything other than that stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                                Some possibly slightly dodgy shenanigans at Analogue:

On its own you could ask how true it is, but the first coment is from the MiSTER GBA core developer who says he experienced similar. The end result looks amazing but their business practices need to be more professional by the sound of it. An interesting read if nothing else.
                                Well, that cements it. I'm out. Good luck to everyone here with not getting dumped into group C.

Comment

Working...
                                X