No announcement yet.

Analogue Pocket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much I like DIY depends on how much I like broken or badly made stuff at any given time.

Comment

$199. Docks to HDMI and can be played with Bluetooth controllers. Rechargeable (USB-C) battery. 3.5" screen at 1600 x 1440 resolution.

Comment

It will be interesting to see how all the different system display on the screen. Resolution is perfect for scaling gameboy games up but the gba would have to have borders.

Comment

There was a stall selling modded Game Boys at Retro Revival earlier this year and they looked gorgeous.
          The company was Retro Modzz.

Part of the reason for getting an Analogue console is the HDMI output, but that's not the case here.
          I could play GB games on a DS Lite if I wanted them backlit.

Not sure of the point of the Analogue GB is, even though it looks lovely.
          It reminds me a bit of that Play Date handheld with the handcrank on the side.

Last edited by QualityChimp; 28-07-2020, 11:48. Reason: Added a link to Retro Modzz, that I will eventually crumble and buy from.

Comment

I want that Playdate thing as well.

I'm a massive sucker for funky handhelds for some reason.

Comment

Looks hot, I've never owned an Analogue system before but I'm in for this.

Comment

The second I saw it I thought it was very good looking, they've nailed the modern-GB aesthetic. But... easy miss. I know they had to go one way or another and I understand the appeal of aiming towards nostalgia for the original GB but the end price coupled with an exposed screen, the limitations of what eras it supports etc. For those who already happily shell out for AG's hardware it seems a bigger win than most though.

Comment

Have they mentioned battery life ?

Comment

Pffft, come back when it looks like this, Analogue:

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                      Have they mentioned battery life ?
                      Don't think so as yet.

The only specs I've seen on the official website:

• Compatible with Game Boy, Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance game cartridges.
                      • 3.5" LTPS LCD. 1600×1440 resolution. 615ppi
                      • Rechargeable lithium ion battery.
                      • All buttons mappable.
                      • Stereo Speakers.
                      • microSD.
                      • USB-C charging.
                      • 3.5mm headphone output.
                      • Original-style link plug.

No pre-orders as yet either so I signed up for the newsletter.

Comment

Im not a handeld gamer fan, in fact i dislike it, but the fact this can be docked and HDMI out to a tv makes it interesting, just need to wait and see what sort of features it has and how its up-scales, be good to play some old GBA games i used to play on the cube.

but then there is always the consolised GBA.

Comment

They also come in red.

Seriously though, the elephant in the room will be the cost. If it's as expensive as some of their home consoles, it'll be quite a pointless novelty. A truly portable system is one where it's cheap enough that it won't be the end of the world if it gets scuffed, broken or even disappears completely. That's why my holiday system is currently just an old DS Lite - I'm not going to lose sleep if it goes missing in my hand luggage or I spill some pop on it.

I can appreciate we're not all as tight as me, but if the system is as expensive as imagine, I can't see it being more than a barely touched ornament on the shelf. I'll keep an open mind though - if they can keep the cost down it'll be a good way of having Game Gear games on a nice crisp screen without having to hack one about. For the Nintendo stuff they're advertising though, personally I'd just get a nice GBA SP and leave it at that! What are they now, £20-30?

Comment

It's $199.

Comment

That's not too bad at all, bit borderline for me but I can see them shifting OK!

Comment

I’m in. All those systems in a oner is an enticing prospect. With the ability to support other cores hopefully we’ll be able to take many other systems in the go too.
                                Although I’d be concerned how long it takes to release the adapters as they still haven’t released the GG adapter for the MegaSG.

Comment

Working...
                                X