No announcement yet.

Analogue Pocket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright I got it fired up. I'm playing Metal Slug: First Mission. And I gotta say it's cool as hell. It's completely insane that it's taken five years to get to this point since I originally saw the announcement of the Pocket and ogled the photos on the Analogue website of it playing NGPC games, but it's done and it works really well. The adapters are super slick looking too.

Comment

I'm just gonna keep up my private liveblog of the adapters lol.

Neo Turf Masters doesn't work, it won't get past the title screen. It's the only game I've seen that has problems - but Analogue have respond to queries via email from Redditors that they're working on a fix.

I played a bunch of Puzzle Bobble Mini last night. What a great little version of that game that is. I also did a couple of zones of Sonic Pocket. I forgot how similar it is to Sonic 2 (all good with me, cos that's my favourite one).

All my savefiles seem to be intact on the carts, which is nice. I never got all of the Chaos Emeralds on Sonic Pocket so I'm going to aim to do that.

I really want copies of Card Fighters Clash and Ganbare Neo Poke Kun.

Comment

Got Gamedrives for the Lynx and NGPC. Holy sheet! Playing Lynx games on the Pocket screen is a revelation compared to the Lynx 2 I had many moons ago. S.T.U.N. Runner is still great and the homebrew shooter Zaku is superb. Far superior to anything released during the Lynx brief commercial lifespan. Shows it had a lot more to offer.
        The NGPC games look lovely too. It had a decent screen anyway but it’s a bonus getting the backlight now. The NGPC+ screen setting is very authentic with a boost to the brightness.
        Time to look into what other homebrew these systems offer.

Comment

Working...
        X