X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
    ****ing hell.

Comment

Zero surprise at all i'd say 90% of these will have been bought to flip on ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
        Zero surprise at all i'd say 90% of these will have been bought to flip on ebay.
        Well I hope nobody buys them and the next run gets launched soon. Will be like all those Columbus Circle reprints of Gleylancer that got bought up almost instantly only for a second run to be released within months. Now there are copies all over eBay with sellers barely breaking even, less eBay/PayPal/postage fees and hopefully they’re running at a loss.

Comment

this kind of problem was already rampant enough as it is but with this pandemic crap it's gonna get way worse. People can't help themselves in making easy money, can't think of who in their right mind would pay so much especially as your protection on ebay will be long gone before it even gets released as you only have so long after an auction ends.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
            this kind of problem was already rampant enough as it is but with this pandemic crap it's gonna get way worse. People can't help themselves in making easy money, can't think of who in their right mind would pay so much especially as your protection on ebay will be long gone before it even gets released as you only have so long after an auction ends.
            It's against ebay rules to sell a preorder that won't ship within 30 days:

Presale listings must clearly state that they are "presale" in the title and description, and guarantee postage within 40 business days of purchase.

Comment

Turns out the most recent tease from Analogue wasn't anything immediately to do with the Duo, but rather an update on what's shipping with the Pocket and their systems from this point on - Analogue OS.

Comment

Feels like a glimmer of hope to me lol. Come on December!

Comment

'Experiencing history with the respect it deserves.' Who writes this stuff?

Comment

Let hope fresh pre-orders open up soon.

Comment

Err, so once we get past the marketing fluff, they are telling me this does nothing that I care about. Oh well.

Comment

I think the vast majority of people wont give a toss about any of this, its just analogue blowing their own trumpet about something nobody else really cares about. Having to add the boxart and visuals yourself is going to be a massive pain and as a YouTuber I watched said, whats the point of having the library feature when it will just tell you to insert the cart every time when you can just look at your shelf and pick what game to play as you would normally? It would make more sense if it was connected to an online store where you could purchase the game directly and discover new games and buy them instantly.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost View Post
                          Having to add the boxart and visuals yourself is going to be a massive pain and as a YouTuber I watched said, whats the point of having the library feature when it will just tell you to insert the art every time when you can just look at your shelf and pick what game to play as you would normally?
                          I imagine the library feature will be ROM compatible after jailbreak. If you take all this at face value though it made me a little worried that I couldn't even boot my EverDrive.

Comment

I'd have preferred an update about the rest of the adaptors, but I do like the ambition. I would agree though that having a library on the system that still relies on physical carts is a bit counter-intuitive, and that there's an expectation that a decent chunk of their audience reads between the lines about the implications for what it can do post-jailbreak.

Comment

Fuse has basically nailed it. This all looks pretty cool to me.

Comment

I absolutely can't stand Analogue's marketing - that whole po-faced, pretentious tone of voice just makes me want to die from cringe. A 'scholarly cataloguing' that was 'developed holistically'. It's just missing the '/tips fedora' from the end.

Just had to get that off my chest. The actual product here looks very good. But as others have pointed out, the Library and Playlists functionality seems next to useless without ROMs support. I guess this is a tacit endorsement of jailbreaking it (which, to be fair, you'd be nuts not to do).

If they would just open up preorders again, I'd grab one.

Comment

Working...
                                X