GRID (XBOX ONE/PS4/PC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GRID (XBOX ONE/PS4/PC)

For anyone looking for arcade thrills and spills coupled with a circuit racing vibe there's lots to enjoy here.

I must admit, when I first started the game it wasn't all that involving. Up the rival difficulty, dial down the assists a bit, manual gearbox, in car view, lovely. Haven't won a race yet but the racing is great It could be quite a bit more hardcore too but I've found a sweet spot for me and I'm sure most peeps could achieve just what they want too. So while it's absolutely not a sim it can be simmed up to your liking.

There's also a LOTR nemesis style system whereby if you're aggressive with another driver they'll become a rival and be just as aggressive back.

The amount of events throws up a decent amount of diversity but content-wise it's no Gran Turismo. There's a fair bit but it may have to rely on dlc to keep things fresh in the longterm.

So far I've raced a muscle car and a Mini (a proper Mini). This was a good way to start as they both couldn't have felt more different.

There's some kind of Fernando Alonso endorsement too but I haven't dabbled with any of the single seater stuff yet.

This is very much a game about the feel of racing and it does that brilliantly. It's big and loud arcade goodness all the way. And it looks absolutely lovely too. Very pretty game, smooth 60fps (playing on the One X, not sure whet it's like on owt else). So far so good.

A proper mini you say?

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
      A proper mini you say?
      Awesome Mini racing

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
        For anyone looking for arcade thrills and spills coupled with a circuit racing vibe there's lots to enjoy here.

I must admit, when I first started the game it wasn't all that involving. Up the rival difficulty, dial down the assists a bit, manual gearbox, in car view, lovely. Haven't won a race yet but the racing is great It could be quite a bit more hardcore too but I've found a sweet spot for me and I'm sure most peeps could achieve just what they want too. So while it's absolutely not a sim it can be simmed up to your liking.

There's also a LOTR nemesis style system whereby if you're aggressive with another driver they'll become a rival and be just as aggressive back.

The amount of events throws up a decent amount of diversity but content-wise it's no Gran Turismo. There's a fair bit but it may have to rely on dlc to keep things fresh in the longterm.

So far I've raced a muscle car and a Mini (a proper Mini). This was a good way to start as they both couldn't have felt more different.

There's some kind of Fernando Alonso endorsement too but I haven't dabbled with any of the single seater stuff yet.

This is very much a game about the feel of racing and it does that brilliantly. It's big and loud arcade goodness all the way. And it looks absolutely lovely too. Very pretty game, smooth 60fps (playing on the One X, not sure whet it's like on owt else). So far so good.
        Spot on, you tried the game with a Force feedback wheel, Phil? Its bloody awesome fun, Codemasters have done it again

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
          Awesome Mini racing
          Awesome mini racing you say?

Comment

Awesome mini racing you say?
            Oh yes, so much fun

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
              Spot on, you tried the game with a Force feedback wheel, Phil? Its bloody awesome fun, Codemasters have done it again
              No, just a controller, but it still feels pretty great. To be honest it's hard to play any driving game with enthusiasm these days after having a decent wheel set-up last gen. It adds such a huge amount.

A proper mini you say?
              I do say.

Comment

No, just a controller, but it still feels pretty great. To be honest it's hard to play any driving game with enthusiasm these days after having a decent wheel set-up last gen. It adds such a huge amount.
                I got mine on a Curry's sale and I have to say Codemasters games make stupendous use of the Force Feedback in Dirt 2, F1 2019 and now in Grid . This game is ace fun, I love the power slides and its nice to see AI crashes and huge flips

Comment

Feel sorry for Kristen getting interrupted all the time. Very unprofessional.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Monkey Balls View Post
                    Feel sorry for Kristen getting interrupted all the time. Very unprofessional.
                    Hey old JOe!

Comment

Good game this. A straightforward "arcade" style racer. Looks and sounds gorgeous on XOX (love the surround sound effect as the commentary echos around the stands). Handling is a little too friendly, feels a bit weird at first.

Comment

Its ace and whats been missing in a few racing games of late, it fun to play. AI is great too, seen the AI make some monster crashes in this game, its like Daytona USA LOL

Comment

Woozer, the rain effects are brilliant in this. Just done a rainy JDM event in an old Skyline and it was a hoot ... followed by some GT action in a Porsche GT2 with felt like a proper monster. Great game.

Comment

Is it worth getting the standard PS4 version?
                            Last edited by Leon Retro; 15-10-2019, 16:05.

Comment

Woozer, the rain effects are brilliant in this. Just done a rainy JDM event in an old Skyline and it was a hoot ... followed by some GT action in a Porsche GT2 with felt like a proper monster. Great game.
                              This game is so good. I can't believe how good the handling model and the AI cars are in this game. I'm loving seeing the cars going flying and doing rolls all over the shop and also the rival system is fab fun too.

Comment

Working...
                              X