Overwatch 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overwatch 2

I'm not sure how reliable this is but apparently OW2 is looking to be rushed for reveal at Blizzcon with a release as soon as possible to follow:

Interesting if so and also maybe a bit of a kick in the nuts to those just picking it up on Switch if it's not the free update method

Got to be honest Overwatch was not really my thing and i really did not get the hype, oh i thought it was fun and did play it a bit but i dunno

Comment

It forces good team play. Tonight I was on point for 4 minutes in one game. We destroyed them.

I can't see what a 2nd game will bring. New players I suppose

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
        It forces good team play. Tonight I was on point for 4 minutes in one game. We destroyed them.

I can't see what a 2nd game will bring. New players I suppose
        Haven't watched the video yet, but I'm willing to predict it's because OW2 will be free-to-play. That's because ActiBlizz will be looking over with jealousy at the figures from Apex and the like, envious because Overwatch is reaching the point where it's extremely difficult to keep in the public eye and it's only made a ****-load money, not all the money.

They vowed pretty strongly early on that Overwatch would never be free-to-play, because everyone kinda expected it would be. I think the ship on that has sailed but an OW2 could be.

Comment

I was just talking with my workmate regarding this and wondered what's the point? The existing game seems to be fairly successful so why not continue to update that for a while more yet, then announce Overwatch 2 for release on next-gen in 2021? (I will admit though that releasing the 2nd game in 2020 does have a certain kind of pleasant word play to it).
          Last edited by Paddy; 21-10-2019, 17:51.

Comment

I'd guess the point of rushing to announce this now would be to drown out the Hong Kong/democracy ****storm that is otherwise threatening to blight the BlizzCon whoopfest.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
              They vowed pretty strongly early on that Overwatch would never be free-to-play, because everyone kinda expected it would be. I think the ship on that has sailed but an OW2 could be.
              I feel if OW was going f2p then it would make more sense just to change the current game's business model and tap into the existing customer base (which is what these games do - Destiny 2, TF2 etc.). OW2 makes more sense if it's another full price release you want to sell to 25-40m+ customers again.

Although lots of rumours floating around that it's more PVE focused or might be an 'addon' to the existing game.

Comment

Big noisy launch - dead early into next gen. OW2 feels like scream against the likes of Fortnite that have already sucked the air out the room on Overwatch.

Comment

There will be a two hour live stream of the game on 20 May

Comment

Comment

Balls news

Comment

Comment

Honestly what could possibly take this long? New characters, new maps, done. Then make a few tweaks when people start to whine about character balance (2 hours work) but don’t release it for 1 year and bam, finished.

Oh and the Chinese outsourcing dev for the looty boxes for maximum profits.

Comment

I do worry about this now (not worry worry, but you know what I mean), especially since Jeff Kaplan jumped ship and then the Acti-Blizz pervy fratboy scandal hit. God knows what's going on in there, but I wouldn't be surprised if Bobby Kotick guts the entire Blizzard section in an PR effort to be seen to be doing something.

Comment

They shoudl just cut down to a smaller team and reinvest in the first game, a sequel to it is only going to struggle particularly when PR is so poor and what's been shown is so iterative. Overwatch is kind of already old news so maximising what they have seems a better option

Comment

Working...
                              X