User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    You're right, I still have the CD that came with the PC version! A copy of which I had but couldn't install, for some reason. So I gave the game away but kept the CD like a hoarder.

By the way, don't think I was slagging COLD WINTER, earlier. It's a great PS2 Goldeneye-style FPS and one of the most credible-feeling FPSes on the console. And it's GRISLY. Bloody hell, you can blow everyone to proper chunks, it's as bad as SoF!

Quote Originally Posted by Asura View Post
    Shame to hear that, as I always thought this looked good. I was a huge fan of Shogo: Mobile Armor Division, also by Monolith, which came out around the same time - and that was faaaar superior to anything happening in the console FPS arena at the time.
    Shogo was superb and seemed to have an active community for a long time after its release.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmonkey View Post
    I think I once saw it available for slightly dodgy download (thanks to no single company proving they had the rights for it) along with patches to make it run on modern PCs. Are we allowed to discuss that here?
    Don't post direct links, but you're allowed to talk about the licencing issue that has lead to the game being unavailable.

I got the first game as a pack-in with my Radeon 9700 Pro, was really impressed by it, it did remind me a lot of Goldeneye in a really good way.. and turned me onto Monolith too, picked up SHOGO which was amazing at the time.. I never did play the sequel though, was in University Halls playing Counter Strike and DOTA on the dorm networks took up all my time lol