Retro|Spective X04: Playstation Vita

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asura View Post
    I think Sony must have been disappoitned that the Call of Duty game was so bad.
    The Call of Duty game was an abomination. I remember I was going through a really stressful time of my life when that came out, and I had been really looking forward to it. I was bitterly disappointed when I played it.

Comment

The twin analogues should have made FPS's on handheld finally sing but they just don't feel right and it's exactly the same on the Switch. To play them on that I always veer to the much superior experience of the Pro Controller.

Comment

I have always felt that sticks should have the resistance of the Saturn 3D controller. Every stick since then has felt a little too loose for me. But all systems considered, I have no real issue with the Vita sticks or the Switches (well, drift design problem aside... which is a pretty massive flaw to move aside).

Comment

I've recently gone back to the Vita and I'm back in love. Maybe more than I ever was. I'm using a Slim model now and I was expecting the screen to look like crap but it looks great. Sure, if it was side by side with an oled model the difference would be clear but it's absolutely fine ... colours pop and blacks are black. The biggest advantage of the Slim model (apart from having a little on board memory) is how comfortable it is to hold. I've got big hands to would expect the chunkier one to be a better fit bit the Slim is super comfy. And light. You forget it's in your hands after a while.

Another great thing about going back is the sheer amount of great games on it. I've been playing Tempest and Hotline Miami all week. They're just outstanding games. Then there are meatier experiences waiting in the form of Persona and Gravity Rush (which I have never played before). Plus a bunch of other indie gems. And also Tearaway which is a joy.

I agree with what others have said about the misguided launch and focus but in the end it delivered the goods and was a respectable finale to Sony's handheld adventure.

The only neg I've had with my recent Vita experience was trying out a 60GB memory card. It got just over a third full before spitting error codes at me and refusing to work. Looking online it seems they're a little fragile, to say the least. I'm rocking and 4GB and an 8GB right now ... might try and grab a 16 in the future to consolidate my faves.

Comment

The 64Gb Vita cards are really unreliable. I've owned a couple and they both went wrong.

These were 100% genuine cards bought from bricks and mortar retailers in Japan and not some random eBay seller.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
              I think Sony must have been disappoitned that the Call of Duty game was so bad.
              At least the (woeful) Resistance game for Vita had a single-player campaign. Activision couldn't even be bothered to implement that in the Vita CoD

Comment

Please delete.
                Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 05-09-2021, 13:40. Reason: Didn't realise that I'd already posted in here! Please delete. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X