Next Gen Advent Calendar II: Playstation 5 Release Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    Yeah Ok... I have over 50 UHD films and all play fine on my One X and even One S.
    Then you are lucky to not have encountered the issue that I and many others have encountered. When it first happened I did some research and found it was pretty common.

Like I said before I just hope the Series X doesn't have the same issue.

Comment

So close now

Comment

Originally posted by Ouenben View Post
        Then you are lucky to not have encountered the issue that I and many others have encountered. When it first happened I did some research and found it was pretty common.

Like I said before I just hope the Series X doesn't have the same issue.
        Unless Microsoft rewrite the player, and why would they? you have to imagine it’s the same as in the one. The stuttering is absolutely tiny so I imagine many people wouldn’t even notice it but once I’d seen it my brain was wired to look for it and of course then I saw it every time it happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouenben View Post
          I know of no one who has issues who has a One X myself. The only issue I've ever got is the sound being out of synch or like with games sometimes a film refuses to start up and I have to quit and start again. Not a big issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
            Unless Microsoft rewrite the player, and why would they? you have to imagine it’s the same as in the one. The stuttering is absolutely tiny so I imagine many people wouldn’t even notice it but once I’d seen it my brain was wired to look for it and of course then I saw it every time it happened.
            I guess this is possible if they're adding new features? Though currently it would just be the same existing app they'd have to upgrade it if/when they add Dolby Vision UHD support.

Comment

01 Day till Series S/X

This is it. The final day before those who are getting MS's new systems receive them unless someone gets lucky and the postie offers a surprise today. On the eve of the new Xbox's:

How do you see you spending your first day of Series S/X?

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                01 Day till Series S/X

This is it. The final day before those who are getting MS's new systems receive them unless someone gets lucky and the postie offers a surprise today. On the eve of the new Xbox's:

How do you see you spending your first day of Series S/X?
                Well I'm working so I guess it'll be a day of multi tasking ...

Comment

Well the until the Series X actually arrives I’m going to be peeking at the window every time I hear the sound of a van stop outside the house, because of course Game have not given me any tracking info. Once it arrives I’m going to savour looking at that sexy box art, probably for about 30 mins then I’m going to be debating to I open and play the damn thing or hold on for the PS5 next week, because of course I still can’t decide.

Comment

Reviews are in now for both systems and it seems like theirs a lot more positivity surrounding the PS5 than the xbox. A lot of the complaints with xbox seem to surround the Xbox not really innovating with its controls its OS or its software offering. as an example i think what a lot of people are feeling with the xbox is over familiarity. I'd liken it to getting a new modern smart phone, a few years back i jumped from a 8 to a XS and it didn't feel transformative at all, I was still using the same controls the same OS albeit all slightly faster and shinier.

It would seem that its a step not a leap, making sure they had some big launch titles ready inovating in their os and including a new version of their pro controller with the series x could of gone a long way to removing this feeling.

The temptation to deliberately bury the lead is overwhelming. After months of slowly building hype and accumulating pro…

Comment

SeriesX definitely feels like 'next-gen 1.5' right now. I don't doubt it'll get into its stride, but I think I'd be quite disappointed if I got one now.
                      To plug a next gen console in on day 1 and be presented with the same UI, basically the same controller and the same games would be a real downer.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                        SeriesX definitely feels like 'next-gen 1.5' right now. I don't doubt it'll get into its stride, but I think I'd be quite disappointed if I got one now.
                        To plug a next gen console in on day 1 and be presented with the same UI, basically the same controller and the same games would be a real downer.
                        Yeah this is how I’m feeling about the Series X, that moment of turning on a brand new generation of console and playing around with the new UI and fiddling with the new controller for the first time is all part of the new console experience. Just about everything regarding the Series x feels like an update to the One X. It sounds silly but even the damn game boxes are almost exactly the same. Yet I’m still quite excited about it, probably the biggest thing is the SSD performance and playing games in 4K for the first time.

Comment

It's effectively what they get for taking the approach they have, the Series S and X are effectively handled in the same manner as the One X launch and that was also well received but muted. A continuation of experience from one system to another is fine but less so from a marketing stand point when done so literally. They've missed that same next-gen buzz now so really have to dig deep and hard on content - but not XBO based content.

Comment

Can we do a "Day 1 excitement" thread?
                            I love seeing you guys talking through setting up a brand new console!

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                              It's effectively what they get for taking the approach they have, the Series S and X are effectively handled in the same manner as the One X launch and that was also well received but muted. A continuation of experience from one system to another is fine but less so from a marketing stand point when done so literally. They've missed that same next-gen buzz now so really have to dig deep and hard on content - but not XBO based content.
                              It's this 100%. This is part of the plan... Familiarity isn't a bad thing but I can accept it feels like you've already seen it before...

Comment

I do think MS have missed the point a bit. I don't want to derail the thread but...

Back when Nintendo made the jump from NES to SNES they added 1 simple thing that changed next gen gaming forever... An eject button. They didn't need to add one, but they did because they wanted the console to be more interactive and feel like a toy. From then on Nintendo have added things that make the next console feel fun and new. And that's the point.
                                If a console want to succeed then it needs to follow the same path. You need people to want to turn it on and experience it.
                                As it stands now, I think quite alot of people want to turn on the PS5 and experience it. I don't think I can say the same thing for the SeriesX.
                                I said it before, I think it's missing the FUN!

Comment

Working...
                                X