No announcement yet.

Next Gen Advent Calendar II: Playstation 5 Release Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think any of the three seem particularly great at all. I'm thinking about grabbing Cold War and trading quickly after as a 'weekend rental' to play through the campaign, which will probably be a diverting 5 hours.

I've tried the multiplayer via the alpha and beta though, and after enjoying the hell out of Modern Warfare 2019, I thought it was pretty poor. So I'll be leaving that aspect.

Legion looks kinda bobbins but I sort of just want to play it because it's set in a relatively accurate London to be honest! I think I'll probably wait till it's much, much cheaper though.

Assassin's Creed Valhalla holds no interest for me at all. Those games just look like busywork to me really. I get enough of that in my real life.

Comment

Valhalla is something I'll pick up on PC down the line, joy has been sucked out of that franchise ever since Unity so these latest efforts are minimum attention jobs. Watch Dogs does appeal but the original wasn't special and the second game burnt me with the same vibe of appearing more appealing than it actually was to play.

I enjoyed the Black Ops beta, I didn't play loads of it as it'd be easy to over indulge the content but while MW19 made a more immediate impact the new game came across a lot stronger than the last few Black Ops.

Comment

No third party gumph for me at launch.

If I were to try any of them it would, like [MENTION=5490]wakka[/MENTION], be Call of Duty to blitz the campaign.

Only liked the first AC and Watch_Dogs Legion looks like it's trying a bit too hard.

Comment

Week 02
          We're actually this close at last to the launch of the first next-gen console but this week we're taking a look at a game coming to its rival. This game has the honour of being the first game announced for the PS5 and is exclusive to the system and PC and yet despite being one of the few next-gen launch games coming out it has struggled to garner the attention of gamers and their hype.

Godfall

Is this title missing you by and if so what is causing the fall of this next-gen God?

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
            Week 02

Godfall

Is this title missing you by and if so what is causing the fall of this next-gen God?
            New IP, very few impressions on it, if it reviews well I will pick it up but I’m not going in blind on a £70 game.

Comment

I don't think I'll go in blind on a £70 game ever.
              It just looks like a GaaS game with bullet sponges but with swords.

Comment

07 Days till Series S/X

One week out and the final countdown to Microsoft's dual release begins. A simple question for today:

What will be the first previous generation game you boot up on your new Xbox?

Comment

Forza Horizon 4.

Comment

Possibly Red Dead Redemption 2, hopefully with will be a big improvement.

Comment

Probably Doom Eternal which I briefly started but put on the back burner for this.

Also Just Cause 4 because I love big explosions

Comment

Doom eternal is a good one. Might be my first too.
                        I'm trying to think of something that has S.O.B loading times to test. Witcher 3 maybe.

Comment

Besides automatic load time improvements I don't think Red Dead Redemption 2 is going to look any better.

Just Cause 3/4 digital foundry already said run super smooth even though the resolution remains locked. You can see them demoing it in one of the recent videos.

Comment

Yeah wasnt sure if RDR2 would be improved from the One X. I think for me its going to be the load times that are going to be the biggest difference, that and having multiple games running at same time, going to be amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by gambit6613 View Post
                              Yeah wasnt sure if RDR2 would be improved from the One X. I think for me its going to be the load times that are going to be the biggest difference, that and having multiple games running at same time, going to be amazing.
                              Yeah they showed the Witcher 3 having near instant fast travel now even without being optimised. Crazy stuff on both consoles to be fair... It'll be nice and quick but limited on space.

Comment

If you look at the DF videos you can see games look better overall even without a patch. It seems like there is scope for games to always use the highest quality level of texture so things look sharper. I think there’s automatically improved anisotropic filtering too. We’ll probably see higher quality scenery in the distance with higher detail LODs being used too. Small things but they all add up.
                                My first last gen game will probably be Gears 5 or DOOM.

Comment

Working...
                                X