No announcement yet.

Next Gen Advent Calendar II: Playstation 5 Release Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup, XBO outsold 360 at launch and we know how that panned out so presumably both will rest a lot on how much has made it through production. I can imagine it's going to be hard work getting PS5 on day one for many, Series X should be available to walk in and buy for the savvy

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
      Yup, XBO outsold 360 at launch and we know how that panned out so presumably both will rest a lot on how much has made it through production. I can imagine it's going to be hard work getting PS5 on day one for many, Series X should be available to walk in and buy for the savvy
      I've got a feeling MS is going to heavily promote the all access subscription plan options for the XSX... So most would be able to pick one up at a monthly cost over 18 months with game pass ultimate thrown in.

I mean they're already doing this through Game here now but it'll be available in more countries for Series X.

Comment

The All Access idea, especially these days, isn't too bad but I assume GAME, Very, Shopto etc all doing their own finance models has undermined it somewhat. If I had to hazard a guess I'd say 1.5m Series X sales pre-2021 and then it stalls hard in the new year.

Comment

I took a look at the all access option but right now it's only on current gen consoles with an option to upgrade when the XSX is released.

I'm sure that will be updated the minute we get pricing confirmed but the reality is I've found it cheaper to accrue the MS points through rewards and sales to buy the new console outright.

That said the pricing on the subscription was pretty fair, especially when you factored in 1 years worth of game pass ultimate on top.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
            The All Access idea, especially these days, isn't too bad but I assume GAME, Very, Shopto etc all doing their own finance models has undermined it somewhat. If I had to hazard a guess I'd say 1.5m Series X sales pre-2021 and then it stalls hard in the new year.
            Based on what I've seen on various xbox fan sites, I don't think the seriesX is going to sell very well at launch. Most are holding off until next year. 1.5mil sounds about right.
            I think the longer they both hold out the more it'll alienate and piss people off. Most people who buy at launch need to save for it and plan what games they want and this strategy of holding out to the bitter end isn't going to help.

Comment

We're entering the home run now and finally the game has changed. Barring a major shake up it looks likely that Xbox Series S/X will be the first next-gen console launch taking place in precisely:

08 Weeks

With the price finally confirmed, the release date too and PS5's information landing tomorrow the final countdown can begin at last. Updates will be more frequent here on with the shift from monthly updates to weekly at this point. For the first we turn our attention to the games that will be available on Day One as the key selling points trying to compel you to opt for the host system in question, the very first game being:

The Medium

The PC and Xbox Series S/X split screen played psychological horror game was announced as an initially intriguing addition to the launch plans for Microsoft's new console but it now finds itself in the unexpected and curious position of being the premier console exclusive available at the systems launch. The games main hook is the ability to play as the same character co-existing in two realms working in duality with each other in order to complete puzzles and progress further into the creeping environments.

From what you've seen of the game so far is this one you're looking forward to playing at launch on Xbox?

Comment

With only 50 days until next gen is upon us I think it's easy to poo poo it and say there are no good games at launch, but actually, thinking about it subjectivly, I think it's a good time to be a gamer. It's not all good of course but...
                We have a cheep next gen console in the SeriesS with game pass that literally throws games at you. On the PS5 they are giving us a bunch of free ps4 games. And most big games are getting free next gen updates (not you Control, **** you). It's easy to complain but that's all pretty damn good. We didn't get that at any other generation start.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition
                  From what you've seen of the game so far is this one you're looking forward to playing at launch on Xbox?

​Well the silence is speaking volumes on this one

Comment

I can see the "manipute things in different realities to change them in the other" puzzles might start to really annoy me. I quite like the look of TimeSpy The Medium though, so should it turn up on Game Pass for PC I'll take a look at it.

Comment

- Consoles (Series X and S) pre-ordered
                      - Cyberpunk 2077 pre-ordered
                      - Gears Tactics pre-downloaded (onto current Xbox One X and external drive)
                      - Doom Eternal ready to go
                      - Control (not ultimate edition...) ready to go

Currently playing Doom 2016 to get in the groove.

May yet crumble and grab AC: Valhalla but might wait for reviews.

Edit: oh and if NFS Hot Pursuit Remastered does drop near launch it's bought, simple as.

Comment

Week 07
                        Preorders are in and the waiting is really beginning now:

Spider-Man: Miles Morales

Spending big on this spider-bite size adventure?

Comment

Spider-Man on PS4 is one of the best games I played this generation so I'm really excited for more.

Comment

I’d like to play this one as Spider-Man was a good romp. However it’s going to wait till after I’ve cleared Demon’s Souls.

Comment

Week 06
                              Tiding us over given the lack of software to highlight we this week look at the range of peripherals coming out on launch day to tempt some extra cash from new buyers. Xbox has three colour flavours of its new controller revision as well as a (can't believe this is still a thing) rechargeable battery pack whilst PS5 has the HD Camera, white controller, media remote, charge stand and 3D Audio Headphones:

Next-Gen Peripherals

What extras will you be buying at launch peripheral wise?

Comment

Working...
                              X