No announcement yet.

Next Gen Advent Calendar II: Playstation 5 Release Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just read that the game that has started this debate; NBA2K21 will be $59.99 on current gen formats (slightly different price on Switch) and then $69.99 on PS5/XSX. As it won't use smart delivery it's $99 (at least) to get both versions.

T2 generate about 45% of their net revenue from their microtransactions. Again not that uncommon amongst the biggest publishers, if anything a little low.

Comment

To be fair, I bought very few titles on the PS4 and never really jumped into that generation due to all the MTX/season pass crap. If they go down that route again, with a price increase... I mean I haven't bought a Ubisoft game since Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.

And I don't mind live service games or microtransactions as a concept. I just need a game to be whole when I buy it, with extras I might buy.

Comment

All the more reason to have the disc version of the machines. Those next-gen games will cost me £20 after trading instead of £12!

Comment

4 Months to Go
          Getting ever closer and still not knowing the cost or dates for the new machines. Gamers are still working through their current consoles games during a year with more indoor time than ever however the backwards compatibility of the new consoles softens the drive to get through everything you can, especially with the dangling carrot of your games potentially running better on the new consoles even if that needs to be weighed against the risk that they won't run at all on the newer machines.

What current generation games do you hope to complete before moving to the new generation of consoles and which games will you hold off on in hopes they run on the new systems?

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
            What current generation games do you hope to complete before moving to the new generation of consoles?

Comment

I'm finding I'm trying to best guess what is likely to be compatible with PS5 in order to priorise PS4 stuff before the system gets traded in.

I'm going to likely bench stuff like Gran Turismo Sport and replays of Spider-Man and Uncharted Lost Legacy. The biggest one is taking the gamble that Fist of the North Star and Yakuza 3-5 Remastered will run on the next system.

My remaining time on the system will focus on Ghosts of Tsushima, my replay of COD WWII and some online play of BF5

Comment

I'm kinda holding out to play everything on PS5 now to be honest. The only game I'm going to do on the PS4 before the new machine is Shenmue 3, as I'm concerned that one won't be compatible.

Comment

I'm finding I'm trying to best guess what is likely to be compatible with PS5 in order to priorise PS4 stuff before the system gets traded in.

I'm going to likely bench stuff like Gran Turismo Sport and replays of Spider-Man and Uncharted Lost Legacy. The biggest one is taking the gamble that Fist of the North Star and Yakuza 3-5 Remastered will run on the next system.

My remaining time on the system will focus on Ghosts of Tsushima, my replay of COD WWII and some online play of BF5
                  I'm hoping for this since it never got a PC release. I can see myself giving Spiderman some time though.

Comment

Not sure where to put this, but it's relevant for both next-gen consoles. This is the first third-party Gaming Headset I've seen advertising itself for the Xbox Series X and PS5 consoles (amongst PC, PS4, XBO & Switch as well).

Audeze Penrose (based on the Mobius)

I'm not 100% on how the Wireless works for the new consoles, but it 'may' be an indicator of official licensing or something else. But it has a variant for each new console (*sadface*) with a USB dongle for wireless. Although as it's based on the Audeze Mobius it will be able to work over 3.5mm audio jack too.

Planar drivers and generally well reviewed headset (the Mobius and Cloud Orbit) where only build quality was one of the few nagatives.

Comment

Yakuza Remaster Collection was 30% the other week...but I'm holding out for 40%.

Comment

I've been watching Audeze for a while digifox as well as what is happening now the optical port is gone from the Series X.

I'm not really in a position to get a new headset (there is nothing wrong with my current one which is a FIIL noise cancelling setup with external mic)... It's just if these consoles do deliver better spatial audio I might crumble.

Right now I've got £450 in MS credit accumulated through either smart CDKeys purchases when heavily discounted or MS rewards. So I'll be purchasing direct from MS when the preorders go up.

I was thinking about the All Access subscription angle but then there's little incentive when I have the credit and game pass ultimate till 2022.

I've just purchased Control and Doom Eternal digitally but won't be playing them till Series X comes out. That goes for Cyberpunk as well... But I think that's it for me with game purchases unless some sales make me grab a few things cheap.

Obviously with Game Pass a lot of launch titles will be included so that's an sweet deal... I'm then thinking I'll pick up AC Valhalla in the new year once everything streets going on sale.

Comment

You can buy consoles with xbox credit from cdkeys?

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                            You can buy consoles with xbox credit from cdkeys?
                            Yes you can buy hardware including consoles on the MS store using Xbox credit. CDkeys had a deal a few months back where you could get £50 credit for £41.99 so I bought £350 worth saving a bit there. The rest I've supplemented just by accruing the MS rewards daily...

Voila cheap(er) console upgrade...

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                              I've been watching Audeze for a while digifox as well as what is happening now the optical port is gone from the Series X.
                              I came very close to buying the Cloud Orbit (re-branded Mobius) but realised it wasn't quite there for what I wanted. Particularly the onboard processing only works over USB which the consoles won't send anything other than a stereo output. So they are limited to 3.5mm jacks from the controller which is less than ideal. Cheap way to experience planar drivers though.

On another forum someone said the two dongles will be sold separately after launch and the Penrose removes any VSS (as much about reducing costs) and uses either Atmos or Tempest processing.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                                Yes you can buy hardware including consoles on the MS store using Xbox credit. CDkeys had a deal a few months back where you could get £50 credit for £41.99 so I bought £350 worth saving a bit there. The rest I've supplemented just by accruing the MS rewards daily...

Voila cheap(er) console upgrade...
                                That's a fantastic idea. I will keep a look out for a cheap deal!

Comment

Working...
                                X