Next Gen Advent Calendar II: Playstation 5 Release Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7 Months to Go
    With rumours that BluePoint will soon be announcing that they have wasted their skills on a Tenchu trilogy remake for PS5, with so many games being likely to be backwards compatible on the new systems this months question is:

What pre-PS4/XBO era franchises or games would you like to see revived or remade for the next-gen machines?

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
      BluePoint will soon be announcing that they have wasted their skills on a Tenchu trilogy remake for PS5
      Why is that a waste?

I'd love to see a remastered Tenchu series!

In answer to your question, G-Police would be sweet with a draw distance longer than a metre like the PSOne had.

Comment

Remastered Tenchu sounds awesome.

Witness as QC and I unleash the wrath of heaven on you NI!!

Comment

It's a bit like when it popped up on Era, the originals weren't all time classics (ducks) and to do them right woudl mean pretty much making a new game from the ground up. Personally, though likely to be proven wrong, I'd find it odd for Bluepoint to be put to task on this of all franchises.

Comment

They're not 'best of the best' level games, like MGS1 or something, no, but they were very good at what they did for the time. If you like ninjas and you like stealth gameplay, the Tenchu series is a special one. We haven't seen many games like it since.

I think it's a fantastic one to see remastered. As you say, it will be virtually a new game from the ground up - hardly a waste of Bluepoint's skills, I'd say quite the opposite!

Anyway we all know what you wanted NI. You're just gutted they haven't been working on Croc.

Comment

I think we can all agree that the one game everyone would love to see in the launch line-up next gen is a reboot of World Heroes, but retooled by Capcom (or Namco) to be like Soul Calibur. I'd expect it to break sales records immediately.

Comment

Roll-cage or demolition Derby would be cool on next gen.

Comment

There was that Rollcage spiritual successor, which was one of the many racing ‘spiritual successors’ I’ve played that I found sadly disappointing. I’m not sure whether the gameplay style is dated or it was just badly done.

The thing I’d love to see brought back is something like Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater or SSX Tricky. Fun, frothy, dial-a-combo extreme sports action. In fact, I might connect up my PS2 this weekend for some Tony

Comment

Let’s have a stunning ray traced reboot of Cosmic Smash.

Comment

5 Months to Go
                      After taking a month off we return with less than half a year left until the arrival of the next-generation of consoles. We're potentially roughly a week or so away from the full reveal of the PlayStation 5 ahead of Microsofts second attempt to impress with the Series X next month and as soon as games are shown, the dates aligned and price tags likely known we'll begin to see the corrosion of the current generation machines values ahead of their replacements launches. With that in mind this months question is:

Will you be keeping your current generation machines in light of the backward compatible new consoles and if not, when will be the optimum time you trade your old machine in to try and get a decent return for it?

Comment

If Sony can guarantee compatibility with all 1st party titles then I will buy a PS5 sooner than planned just because my Pro sounds ridiculously loud.

Comment

I wont be trading the X as I'll pass that on to one of the kids but if the trade-in value is half-decent I will back-heel the PS4 Pro at the first available op.

Comment

I probably won't bother. My launch PS4 has been opened and the warranty sticker removed (to clean out dust) which I think means I can't trade it in any more.

I will probably keep my Xbox One S just in case there is an exclusive I really want to play, since it'll be a while till there are truly Series X exclusive games as I understand it. Flight Simulator in particular springs to mind.

If I had a PS4 Pro though I'd definitely be chopping it in on a trade-in. I reckon the value won't be half bad.

Comment

Feel like this is the most appropriate thread. The price of videogames will likely be increasing with PS5 and XSX.

I think the a lot of the information is slightly contentious at best, given the big western publishers have been making record profits and on less games, but nevertheless part of the original story on GI.biz

IDG: Other publishers are considering raising game prices for PS5 and Xbox Series X - Cost of development has increased between 200% and 300% while game prices have remained flat

Other game publishers are considering raising the price of games for PS5 and Xbox Series X, says games research firm IDG Consulting.

It follows the news that NBA 2K21 will be priced at $69.99 on the next consoles, $10 more expensive than it is on the current devices.
                              Osaki says that next-gen console game production costs have increased by 200% to 300%, depending on the IP, studio and genre, but the prices have remained at $59.99. Meanwhile, cinema ticket prices have risen 39%, Netflix subscription costs have gone up 100%, and Cable TV packages have risen by 105%.

Comment

Not worried about it at all. The exact same thing every single generation and by the time the second year is wrapping up and competition in the software space heats up those prices start tumbling down to their normal levels every single time. Next-Gen really should be time devs and publishers really take a good long look at how they're absolutely wasting money and IP.

Comment

Working...
                                X