No announcement yet.

Next Gen Advent Calendar II: Playstation 5 Release Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's the best looking launch title ever maybe. So yeah, well done Sony in finally rising this game from its gwave and getting Bluepoint involved. Their SotC rework is stunning. I think it needs to be experienced. It's Marmite though and I think it's slightly risky having this as one of your big launch games. We may find a few getting sold in CEX with people with their tales between their legs.

What I will say is, don't be afraid to use a walkthrough (there are some good YouTube ones). It may sound like a weasle approach, but I find that there are many different and fun build approaches to Souls games and due to the lack of handholding (especially in Demon's Souls) a new player may make irreversible mistakes such as eating a massive soul and not harbouring it for other reasons.

Word is Bluepoint already working on something else.
    Last edited by hudson; 18-11-2020, 08:40.

Comment

I'm secretly hoping there's a load of kids used to playing casual mobile games get a PS5 game for Christmas with the game with the best graphics, but have their bums handed to them by this tough game.

Comment

Ha. Carrying their bums to the Christmas dinner table with the saddest Christmas face.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
          What I will say is, don't be afraid to use a walkthrough (there are some good YouTube ones). It may sound like a weasle approach, but I find that there are many different and fun build approaches to Souls games
          I've played Souls and DS1, but dupe-rolled and glitched my way to victory.
          I restarted DS1 so many times to get the Black Knight Halberd, it's crazy, but once I had that edge, I really started to enjoy playing it, and erm... isn't that the point?

I'm definitely jealous of you guys getting a shiny new console and such a gorgeous game to play (kinda, I mean some creatures are hideous), but realistically, I should look into getting DS2 or DS3 before being so envious!

Comment

Ha. Carrying their bums to the Christmas dinner table with the saddest Christmas face.
            Mum (carving the turkey): "Happy Christmas, everyone!"
            Gavin: "Is it happy? IS IT? I'm trying to defeat the Leechmonger to get his shards of Suckerstone and clumps of Crescent Moon Grass, but I don't have a the Lava Bow with fire arrows, because I used the Hard Demon's Soul dropped from the Armor Spider to make the spell Fire Spray from Sage Freke."
            Mum: "...here, have another pig in blanket and an extra-crispy roastie."
            Gavin: "Thanks, Mum."

Comment

By that juncture also expect a lot of broken controllers ...

Comment

Playstation 5 Release Day

The fifth time that a Sony mainline console has launched is finally here. The white behemoth will be arriving on doorsteps today as eager gamers clamour to set up, load up and explore what the new machine has to offer.

Share your launch day stories

Comment

Alan, god bless Alan, will be bringing it between 11.30 and 12.30

Comment

I've got a space clear for the system, headset unpacked, games stacked and ready to go. You can tell it's launch day because I keep catching myself trawling for games to pick up to try on it beyond what I have but there's literally nothing. The only things that may have swayed me as a purchase of weakness at Valhalla and Legion but I can just pay for one month of Ubisoft+ on PC and do both for the princely sum of £12.99

I'm thinking Miles Morales should be the first game I go through, then maybe Sackboy. COD is something that can be played alongside easily whereas Demon's Souls needs more time dedicated to it. No rush on Astroboy given it's there forever.

Comment

Fingers crossed everyone gets their consoles ok today. I had my sister in law on the phone last night asking if I could pick one up and hide it here for the wee man’s Christmas. Mmmmm bit late asking that I think.

Comment

MyBT had stock this morning for customers only and they gave you a unique code each. I got through to the order stage but it was for the disc version only and I wanted the digital console... plus delivery was estimated as 15th December.

Decided not to bother. Don't know why they would say they had stock and then push the delivery date out so far? Pointless.

Comment

Working...
                        X