No announcement yet.

Next Gen Advent Calendar II: Playstation 5 Release Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

End of the line for me, I spent my xbox money on a speccy next instead! Going to run my one x for as long as possible, and ps4 pro.

Comment

Don't think I'll be buying any extra at launch. I'm curious about the PS5 3D headphones though.

Comment

No extra accessories for me. I'll be the only one using the PS5 and I've already got a nice set of Sony headphones to use if needs be.

Comment

None for me. I could get the ps5 charger Dock, but I've never needed one before. I've got a good set of headphones.
          Only thing is the camera, if Sony say it works and improves PSVR I'll get it.

Comment

Usually I'd always buy a second pad with a console so I can switch to my second pad when the first runs out of battery. I'm going to attempt to be thrifty this time though, and just stick with one. That, and I already have hundreds and hundreds of controllers for various consoles in my house, and really need to cut back if anything.

I don't really need any of the other stuff. I'd have been all over the official media remote usually, but as of this year I have a modern TV with decently fast streaming apps, and a dedicated UHD/BD/DVD disc player.

Comment

I've just grabbed a 2TB 2.5" drive I had spare and put it in a new external caddy ready for the Series S in the study.

The caddy is the same pure white colour so matches it perfectly. That will hold a few BC games keeping the 512gb SSD free.

Comment

The only thing I have ordered is the 3D headset, really hoping soon there's something solid released breaking down if it makes much difference and is built well as otherwise I'll drop it

Comment

just a new headset for me as they have dropped support of my current one by removing the optical ports,

it kind of needed replacing anyway as it was getting a bit worn so all good, hopefully this headset will be comfier than the current PS Official headset as it was too small for my massive head

Comment

Week 05
                    It's never sold a console as a feature in the past but none the less we find backwards compatibility back in the centre spotlight this launch especially when so many early adopters are facing such a bare line up. This means you can revisit some previous gen titles but also catch up on some you've yet to experience.

Last Generation Experiences

Which current gen games will you be revisiting and which have you held off playing till the new hardware is in hand?

Comment

I just purchased Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise in anticipation. Hopefully it actually works.

I'm absolutely holding off on FF7R and possibly Cyberpunk.

Comment

Definitely going to try DOOM and Eternal on the Series X. I’m picturing locked 60fps at 4k. And I’ve held off finishing Gears 5 so I get the benefit of the Series X upgrades too.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                          Definitely going to try DOOM and Eternal on the Series X. I’m picturing locked 60fps at 4k. And I’ve held off finishing Gears 5 so I get the benefit of the Series X upgrades too.
                          Same as me... It's actually worth holding off on some titles just for the added benefit on the day though admittedly I'm playing Doom now just because I'd started it a while back and figured I should finish it before firing up Eternal on the new box.

Comment

I want those PS5 headphones. I'm so curious about the 3D audio. However, I feel I will be massively let down. Hope not though.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                              I want those PS5 headphones. I'm so curious about the 3D audio. However, I feel I will be massively let down. Hope not though.
                              Feeling the same way. Would love to test them out first.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                                Given how good the Atmos via headphones is on Xbox I’m really hopefully for the use of advanced audio techniques this generation. Maybe not in launch titles (such as they are) but once developers have time to test these systems and see what they can do.

Comment

Working...
                                X