Next Gen Advent Calendar II: Playstation 5 Release Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next Gen Advent Calendar II: Playstation 5 Release Day

It's mid-November almost which is typically going to mean it's one year until the launch of the true next-generation consoles that will likely see us all the way through to the year 2027 at the least. Sony and Microsoft will be pushing out systems that are as high end as they can get away with in an effort not to be left behind like the Xbox One was this generation. Instead Sony will be pushing hard on its popular lines of exclusive games whilst Microsoft will be leveraging its fourth attempt at success by expanding its market to also consider other platforms via Game Pass and xCloud.

Last time we counted down the literal days until the launches of the Playstation 4 and Xbox One. This time we're taking the long run up allowing us to also take in more speculative hype for the launches outside of the specifics in the format threads.

As we stand:

Playstation 5 - 12 Months to Go
    Xbox 4 - 12 Months to Go

This time we also have poll options, you can choose any option and can also unvote and change your mind as time goes on and more is revealed about the coming systems. Each month there will also be a topic of discussion and for our first one we'll start where we did in the first thread:

November 2019 - Revising the Controllers

Do you expect any new features in the next controllers or lost ones considering the increased cross generation support that's confirmed?
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 19-11-2020, 02:52.

I think with the increase in E-Sports, Sony will ditch Bluetooth for a low latency wireless connection so that the PS5 can be used at events.
    Also they might move the touch pad to the back of the controller so that the click buttons on it can also double as paddle buttons.
    We already know the shoulder buttons will have some type of force feedback and it has 'haptic' vibration.

I think the Xbox controller will follow suite with the shoulder button feedback, but it will remain largely unchanged so they can push people towards the pro controller.

Comment

The backwards compatibility of both definitely suggest limited advancements. The DS5 will be interesting really because of the evolution jump between the two whereas MS have always taken a more evolutionary approach with the XBO so based on where it's at in 2019 and where the Elite is at with v2 you can only assume it'll be something that straddles the middle ground of the two whilst reflecting whatever standard Sony opts for too.

Comment

A month down as we reach:

11 Months to Go

This month we're going to jump straight into the most speculative area but the one that will be a key battleground between Playstation 5 and Xbox 4 next year...

The Launch Line Up

What do you think the Next-Gen launch line ups will look like and what do you hope they'll be?

Comment

At this point I'm genuinely thinking...

Xbox 4
          Halo Infinite
          Forza Motorsport 8
          Then one or two other first party games but brought to Xbox via Microsofts studio acquisitions meaning they're lower profile titles with less appeal because they weren't originally commissioned by Microsoft and are mostly the company still burning off already in-development projects they acquired.

Playstation 5
          Horizon: Zero Dawn II
          Maybe a new Ratchet and Clank (though something not third person feels more likely)
          Ghosts of Tsushima

Though reportedly cancelled, after the success of Ace Combat 7, my hope would be that Namco would have sought to bring the Ridge Racer VIII project in house with the target of it being a PS5 launch game.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
            Ridge Racer VIII
            I've sort of lost faith that we'll ever see RR8, but I'd be over the moon if it were announced. Please, Namco.

Comment

I'm just not ready for next gen, there's so much left to enjoy from this gen.

Comment

But the next-generation is ready for the last generation this time. Buy a PS5 and you can simultaneously catch up on this gen whilst playing next-gen EDF6

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                  I'm just not ready for next gen, there's so much left to enjoy from this gen.
                  And the previous gen tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
                    And the previous gen tbh.
                    And the one before that. Still happily playing Gradius V and the like.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                      At this point I'm genuinely thinking...

Xbox 4
                      Halo Infinite
                      Forza Motorsport 8
                      Then one or two other first party games but brought to Xbox via Microsofts studio acquisitions meaning they're lower profile titles with less appeal because they weren't originally commissioned by Microsoft and are mostly the company still burning off already in-development projects they acquired.

Playstation 5
                      Horizon: Zero Dawn II
                      Maybe a new Ratchet and Clank (though something not third person feels more likely)
                      Ghosts of Tsushima

Though reportedly cancelled, after the success of Ace Combat 7, my hope would be that Namco would have sought to bring the Ridge Racer VIII project in house with the target of it being a PS5 launch game.
                      Agree with this. I'd say PS5 will have another Spiderman too.

Comment

Still happily playing Gradius V

That's how hard Gradius V is.
                        Last edited by Leon Retro; 06-12-2019, 14:36.

Comment

Yeah, still not completed it, but it's a thrill to play and sliiiiiightly progress each time you play it.

I'm annoyed this hasn't had the remaster treatment yet, damnit.

Comment

I'm annoyed this hasn't had the remaster treatment yet, damnit.
                            Yeah, Konami. Give us a nice, shiny HD remaster. Please.

Comment

Don't tease me like that with the idea of Ridge VIII at the PS5 launch Neon Ignition!!

Haha, man, that would be a dream. I'd deffo be there day one. I really miss Ridge.

Comment

Working...
                              X