User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I think the whole thing is a bit of a voyage of discovery. One thing I'm wondering, and not to do with the game, is: does it reconnect to the network if just pausing game and putting PS4 into rest mode? To be safe I returned to title screen this morning and started it up again.

I think I was having issues after booting from Sleep Mode yesterday where cutscenes were pausing/stuttering and audio was dropping out. Not sure if it was the Sleep that caused it, I need to try it from a fresh boot up at some point. When parenthood allows! Lol

Anyone get the crazy pad with the baby trapped inside?!

Quote Originally Posted by QualityChimp View Post
    Anyone get the crazy pad with the baby trapped inside?!

That's the coolest pad I've ever seen. It had my 5 yo daughter in stitches.

Was that like a random pack in with the LE Pro?

It's class.

Absolutely loving this!!
    Saying itís a delivery simulator is as reductive as calling mgs Pac-Man.

Bat**** insane story as you might expect.
    Excellent performances from the actors.
    The fun of planning your best route, the fear of BTs, looking after BB. Love it all.

Interesting 25 minute piece just seen on the BBC News channel embedded in this page;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-50172917

I went into this one still not really knowing what the game was. I think that's probably the best way, as it's really rather original.

Visually it's pretty much on a different level to everything except RDR 2. The level of detail in the environments is just insane, and quite how they've hidden the LODs on all of those rocks is surely worthy of a GDC talk. Great lighting too, albeit in a very subdued sort of way, and the character models are superbly detailed. The whole thing is essentially a giant photogrammetry showcase too.

I'm 6 hours in so far and it's holding my attention, although I do find the BT encounters pretty annoying. Once the big boss BT is triggered it's pretty much game over as your cargo will be toast even if you escape, and the encounters go on for too long. I kind of suspect my attention will wane after a while if the game can't inject some variety, as it's at its core a really simple concept.

Amazing really that something like this was funded. Kojima's name really is worth something it seems. Hopefully that will translate into sales, as it must have cost a fortune and the reviews have been all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotatsu Neko View Post
    although I do find the BT encounters pretty annoying. Once the big boss BT is triggered it's pretty much game over as your cargo will be toast even if you escape, and the encounters go on for too long. I kind of suspect my attention will wane after a while if the game can't inject some variety, as it's at its core a really simple concept.
    Yeah, wading through goo trying to battle the BT bosses is no fun. At this stage of the game anyway. I hope that gets easier to deal with somehow. I think at this stage some of the longevity might come from a Souls style progression it that every gadget and upgrade tips the odds that little bit more in your favour.

I'm hoping we get some tools to deal with BT's in a more Rambo fashion lol.