No announcement yet.

Pokemon Sword & Shield [Switch]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The wild area is something more like a ps2 game as well graphically, performance is dire as well, pop up, fade out, frame drops.

Something has gone seriously wrong in this game’s development to end up like this.

Game Freak should be ashamed of themselves shipping something in this state.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
      Game Freak should be ashamed of themselves shipping something in this state.
      The multiplayer aspect has a really basic issue which should never have made it into the game; people appear/disappear when they connect/disconnect, but that means if the connection is ever spotty (which it's bound to be, with so many players meaning someone's bound to have a bad connection) you see people appear and disappear within a few seconds, teleporting all over the place, etc.

This is particularly bad, because it suggests GF simply didn't design this very well. The exact position of other players isn't massively important for the mode, and the interactions players make are pretty token (it's kinda like Journey; you can't directly communicate). That means it would've been easy for them to fake it so it looked more stable, and the effect to the game would've been minimal - and I appreciate this may sound bad, but this is actually how most synchronous multiplayer games work (most multiplayer titles only look synchronous because you can't see multiple players' screens at the same time).

Comment

And don’t even get me started on the netcode as you just mentioned.

Dreamcast levels of shonky. 10x worse than even the 3ds versions, which at least didn’t disconnect from the wifi every 40 seconds.

Travesty on so many levels it shouldn’t of been released.

Comment

Ok. Right. So I’ve calmed down a tad since first starting this and my initial disgust at the technical crapness of the game.

Im now 35hrs deep and raiding dungeons and full on breeding again.

Looks like poke got me again 🤷

Comment

This has stormed in terms of sales; 6 million units and it supposedly destroys the sales pace of Pokemon Lets Go - so any financial incentive GF may have had to mix things up has most certainly vanished

Comment

The new Wild areas have been insanely popular with players, so i can only see them being expanded and refined upon in a next game. They are by far the best addition and are quite fantastic.

Pokemon wandering around in a natural looking environment.

Different weather.

Different poke come out in different weather and time of day.

Its really nice to just wander round and see what comes out

Comment

Yeah the Wild areas are great and really offer a good sense of exploration.

I just beat Bea and that fight was lit. The gym battle music is starting to work its way into my brain.

Comment

I just beat the main story and really enjoyed it tbh. Hop is kind of lame as a rival but he's a good kid. Nessa, Bea and Raihan were the best gym leaders by far. The main antagonist's reason for doing what he did was dumb though. The game is gorgeous in parts if not overall.

I'm enjoying the online aspect. Just having other players roaming around the world with you is cool as ****. I don't really know what the post game has to offer but I do want to capture more Pokémon. I never did find myself a Sirfetch'd, Charmander or Mimikyu during the story.

Comment

I’m also done with the story. Bred a decent team, not max iv’s but good, and caught around 200 poke so far. After 50 hours straight I need a break now, but will be going back to the dex when I get time.

Once I got over my initial disgust at the technical crap ness of it I thoroughly enjoyed the game.

Comment

I haven't got into breading yet, not sure if I will. I finished the post game story and picked up a Charmander from Leon. Also got a JP Mimikyu in a surprise trade. I'm mostly doing max raid battles and daily runs through the wild areas to fill my Pokedex at the minute (currently at 254/400).

I gave the Battle Tower a quick go as well which seems fun but it's not my priority right now.

Comment

I've done my first hour Such a weird experience because it's so early in terms of gameplay that it feels like the franchise hasn't moved an inch since the last entry I went through which I think was one of the DS ones. It's also functionally fine looking but cutting out any rope afforded to Nintendo I can't class the game as anything other than a ruddy joke visually. It's so ugly. That the visuals are simple and clean feels effectively more due to the lack of effort made. This is a meh standard 3DS game visually that only looks as good as it does because the host hardware is heavy lifting the image quality, were the core franchise gameplay not so solid this would be a laughing stock.

I've enjoyed the entries I've done so it's going to get its fair crack at the whip but it's genuinely a little off putting how lazy and phoned in this one feels from the outset. Everything on this one rests on whether the core gameplay hooks me back in before the blandness of everything else puts me off.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                          I've enjoyed the entries I've done so it's going to get its fair crack at the whip but it's genuinely a little off putting how lazy and phoned in this one feels from the outset. Everything on this one rests on whether the core gameplay hooks me back in before the blandness of everything else puts me off.
                          It has the feel of when you got tarted up PS1 games on the Dreamcast. Shame it's not 60fps.

Comment

Exactly, though maybe its intentional as convention shows that next Xmas Nintendo won't have to bother having a AAA project ready as they can knock out Pokémon Platinum Sword and Platinum Armour with some extra Pokémon and tightened visuals instead.

Comment

Your feeling exactly how i felt at the start Neon, technically the games shower of crap, however 60hrs straight later this edition really grew on me. Lots of quality of life improvements for breeders, more access to ev's in game, better ways to improve stats now over the past games, wild areas with poke visably walking around and different poke in same areas based on weather, time of day. Gym battles are great.

A solid 7/10.

Sun/Moon are still the best games so far i feel.

Comment

I'm up to 345/400 Pokemon. Most of the ones I need are Shield exclusive or require trading to evolve if anyone wants to get some trades going with me?

Comment

Working...
                                X