No announcement yet.

Pokemon Sword & Shield [Switch]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still early on in the game but I'm not sure I'm going to last much longer, it feels really bareboned and bland leaving it resting on just being a really simplistic turn based rpg effort. It's not an interesting world or characterful etc either so nothing's really hooking me. I skipped Sun/Moon so I don't know if trying them out at a later time would be a better option or whether this is simply how Pokémon is in recent years full stop. A couple more hours and then decision time.

Comment

62 hours in and... I think I need to put this down now. Its hit that sweet spot for loot grinding, only here your grinding for rare Pokemon.

It's been fun but I think my time is better spent on some of the other games I own.

It's a solid 4/5 from me. Bare in mind I beat the story at about 27 hours. Everything else has been post game content.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
        62 hours in and... I think I need to put this down now. Its hit that sweet spot for loot grinding, only here your grinding for rare Pokemon.

It's been fun but I think my time is better spent on some of the other games I own.

It's a solid 4/5 from me. Bare in mind I beat the story at about 27 hours. Everything else has been post game content.
        Did you Catch 'em a-, umm... Did you Catch A Subset Of 'Em?

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
          Did you Catch 'em a-, umm... Did you Catkch A Subset Of 'Em?
          Essentially yea 😅

I ended up with 354/400 but when your hunting a Pokemon with a 2% chance of showing each night after work you have to step back and ask yourself if this is really a good use of your time.

Or at least I did anyway, it was starting to bother me.

It gave me that same feeling I had way back in the PSO days which was great as a teen with lots of time and no money. Not so much as an adult with the opposite problem (not that I'm loaded or anything but you get what I'm saying).
          Last edited by Cepp; 12-12-2019, 17:27.

Comment

Finished it, it was okay but there's nothing remarkable about the game at all. Definitely a middling entry and one of Ninty's blandest first party offerings.

Comment

Just my luck, the one week I go on holiday there is a guaranteed shiny Amoonguss you can get with the code TRA1NERSCUP. Naturally I didn't take my switch and the code runs out tomorrow

Comment

Cheers for that, claimed it.

Comment

Another couple of codes, these ones net you two different Cap Pikachu's:

P1KACHUGET
                  1CH00SEY0U

Comment

Grabbed those earlier! Crown Tundra available October 23rd also. Despite buying the expansion I haven't started the expansions yet, probably will do once this drops though.

Comment

Working...
                    X