Mass Effect 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mass Effect 5

Recent silence and a couple of high-profile departures from BioWare have led fans and pundits to speculate that the studio has abandoned its most recent game, Anthem, but the opposite is true. For the last few months, BioWare and parent company EA have been planning an overhaul of the online shooter, according to…

Naturally nothing is really known beyond the news buried in the Anthem update that Mass Effect 5 is now in very early development.

GaaS with wall to wall MTX no doubt.

Comment

Mass Effect is done. There was no need whatsoever going beyond the trilogy.

Comment

Comment

There's plenty of scope in the Mass Effect universe for further adventures, it's just Andromeda was a bad game with nothing much to say.

Having a game based around the discovery of the original artifacts on Mars and the subsequent meeting of alien species after they worked out how to use the mass accelerators would have legs. All it needs is to be well written and thought out, rather than it being a lazy cash grab using an established name.

Will see how this one plays out when we know some concrete details.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
            All it needs is to be well written and thought out, rather than it being a lazy cash grab using an established name.
            I’m seeing a slight flaw in your thinking there 😁

Comment

That wouldn't be my flaw, but I can't image BioWare wanting to be burnt twice by releasing another half-baked Mass Effect game.

Comment

Bioware surely not. EA on the other hand would do everything they can to screw up developers and franchises by rushing production and imposing pointless features.

Comment

Hot Mess Effect 5

Comment

Do people on this forum even like games anymore?

You've all become too cynical. I blame the parents.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                      Do people on this forum even like games anymore?
                      No. I just have nowhere else to go.

Plenty of good games out there. The disappointment, for me, is that the teams with a big enough budget to make a game both really great, and a graphical and audio spectacle, are usually under the umbrella of someone like EA or Ubi where there are people above them who don't actually care about games who will make them do things to spoil it. Usually.

Comment

I'm definitely interested and I hope they nail it. When I eventually finish the DE versions of ME2 and ME3 I'm going to try Andromeda again too. My main concern lies with Bioware themselves, I don't feel ME3 was anywhere near as disappointing as was made out but even with that line taken it still leaves them with a decade of firing blanks.

Comment

Bioware has begun selling a new N7 day lithograph that may suggest that Commander Shepard will star in the upcoming revival of the series.

Potential spoiler thanks to a hurriedly changed detail of the game

Comment

Could be interesting due to two points...
                            1: Pretty sure ... died at the end of 3?
                            2: isn't ME5 Set much further into the future?

Comment

Working...
                            X