No announcement yet.

Star Wars: Jedi - Fallen Order [PS4]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Woolies look absolutely, utterly ****e!

It's like they're covered in twigs!!

Comment

Of course... It's Starwars

Comment

I'm enjoying it so far... About 6 hours in and taking my time.

The main negatives so far from me:

The slides and jumping sections are pretty unforgiving. Must have died 6-7 times in a row just trying to grab a rope coming off a long slide.

The wookies look like they've come from a previous generation game.

The combat is still a bit frustrating to me. I'm getting the hang of parrying etc but still some enemies just seem to be relentless and annoying. Maybe I just suck though.

I'm still enjoying it. The voice acting and general tomb raiding and searching is fun. It's funny as I've just come into this game straight from Shadow of the Tomb Raider and it feels they similar.

Comment

Done twelve hours now, bored.

It just isn't going anywhere.

The best SW game for ages but an average game overall. Nothing without the license.

Comment

It made me want to go back to Battlefront 1/2 for some action without the jumpy-jumpy-death.

Comment

I actually played a bit more last night, one last try, as it were.

Nope, I'm done. It needs more bombast and pizazz, more space stuff too.

Ah well, Sith happens.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                Sith happens.
                A winner is you! (bows)

Comment

Started it last night, the opening level is quite entertaining, everything seems to work fine enough together and some great spectacle. The first planet you get to with the vault, that was such a comedown and quite boring so atm it depends which way the game leans going forward.

Comment

Nearing the end of this now. There’s two sides to this game.

Adventure, great. All the hallmarks of a great trundle through Star Wars land. Pretty sights, Good level design with a nice map to lead the way, secrets galore and stuff to collect. This is all great. Not to mention fantastic dialogue and sound effects, its an audible treat.

Combat. UTTERLY Dog s**t, is being kind. Collision detection is just dire, half your strikes miss due to Cal sliding weirdly around the area.

The same can’t be said for the enemies, who are permanently rubber banded to the player and they simply can’t miss, doesn’t matter how much you roll, jump dodge or use brute force, the ai will always rubber band, lock on and strike you regardless, often locking you into a death animation of constant strikes or clean out of the air in an impossible twist of their body.

Frame rate is crap as well throughout the entire game.

This really needed another year to completely rework the combat physics and frame rate, as it’s stands its not good enough and lets the rest of the otherwise excellent adventure down.

6/10 for me.

Comment

I'm on the 2nd planet and so far I'm thinking the opposite. I can cope with the combat so far even though its flawed but I'm finding the actual locations dull as hell to traverse, I think I'd have preferred this to just go out and out as an Uncharted style spectacle adventure game instead

Comment

I blame unreal engine for the general crap ness in combat and performance. Terrible engine that should never have been used at all.

They should of stuck with Source like they used for Titanfall 2. Far more robust with infinitely better physics and collision detection.

Comment

Gonna give this one more push, it's more dull cack than it is killer so far.

Comment

Okay, so three nights of push and more abilities unlocked and it's managed to hold me. I must be knocking around 3/4's of the way in and I think part of the issue is that the game will drop you on a planet and whilst you may be exploring an metroidesque area of it the game manages to put it across as a fairly generic region. It needed a better sense of place rather than constantly running through tunnels and valeys etc in more remote regions. With the game selling so well (single player without MTX take note EA!) hopefully a sequel ramps things up.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                              I blame unreal engine for the general crap ness in combat and performance. Terrible engine that should never have been used at all.
                              Unreal isn't the problem so much as the studio that uses it.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                                Unreal isn't the problem so much as the studio that uses it.
                                Weird, None of the issues i had with this game were present in Titanfall2, which has been one of the games of the generation, when they used source engine.

Theres so much weird s**t going on in Jedi with regards to collision detection, clipping, aweful lock on enemy animations & frame rate that im putting this down to Unreal, as every game ive played that uses unreal suffers from some if not all these issues.

I hate the way games feel when made with unreal, janky as hell pretty consistently at that.
                                Last edited by fishbowlhead; 02-12-2019, 17:42.

Comment

Working...
                                X