Star Wars: Jedi - Fallen Order [PS4]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Wars: Jedi - Fallen Order [PS4]

Several hours in and my combat skills are shown to be lacking, more practice needed young Padawan.
    Very action-oriented tutorial for the first few sections (although when trying to follow a path that is not illuminated very well and the camera doesn't hint at the crack you have to slip through, frustration abounds). Very satisfying lightsaber play - deflecting blaster bolts back, parrying enemies, etc. Can't say that I wouldn't appreciate a trusty blaster at my side for the variety, but that would hardly be Jedi-like. The second enemy I found when exploring the second area was massively overpowered, killed me in seconds. Rinse and repeat 7 more times before I cotton on to the fact that I can't beat it at my current level of abilities. Gave me nasty flashbacks to Dead Souls and soured me on the game for a short while. After moving on I came to realise that it was an OP version of an enemy I could kill with a little effort. I'll be back for revenge at some point. Once you've gotten the combat down pat, you'll enjoy it more. I'm getting there.

Saving is done at meditation markers, which is also where you can replenish health and "stims", which are basically medkits that your pal droid BD-1 carries for you. You also use the same markers to apply skill points to give Kal (aka "The Ginj") better abilities. Sadly hair colour is not something you can change, but you can customise your lightsaber with different parts and colour blade.

Visually very nice, although a regular PS4 struggles with areas of outdoors when panning the camera around (which you need to do a lot).

I want to say I like it, but I'm wondering how long I'll actually play it for.

Totally amazing game, its like a Star Wars version of God Of War in all but name. Looks and sounds stunning on the One X.
    Game Of the Year for me

Comment

This looks ace!!! I'm not even bothered about the base Xbone version being graphically inferior, still looks epic and I'll likely try and nab this for some proper Christmas Day gaming.

Comment

I'm going to contrast this... I had a go at a friends house and I think it's just OK. And I mean just. The animation very basic and the sword play lacks any real meat, unlike Dark Souls which it's trying to emulate. There just isn't any weight to the gameplay. And I hated how the lightsaber is held in a way that means it glitches through the floor 90% of the time.
        I didn't like it. Maybe I just needed more time with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
          Totally amazing game, its like a Star Wars version of God Of War in all but name. Looks and sounds stunning on the One X.
          Game Of the Year for me
          How many GOTY is that now in 2019?

Comment

My tuppence:

It's alright...

There are times it looks great, there are times it looks really basic.

The frame rate is mostly okay but there are some jarring drops.

I'm not 100% convinced adopting a Soulsborne-lite style of progression was the right choice for the game. You want to push on and uncover the story but constantly dying and respawning at an earlier point and losing your progression unless you kill the enemy that killed you gets a bit repetitive.

The level I've just done felt more Tomb Raider than Star Wars.

There's too much sliding down icy / wet slopes.

Pop-in and texture issues in cutscenes is something that should have died with the 360/PS3 and Unreal Engine 3.

Music is amazing.

I can't help making "zhum zhum" lightsaber noises.

It's the best Star Wars game in years but that isn't saying a great deal.

It's a solid 7/10

Comment

Trading mine in on the weekend. It was okay for a while, but never quite fun.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                How many GOTY is that now in 2019?
                About the same number of years, your PS Grudge is going on for.

Comment

I very much doubt that but good try.

Comment

His grudge is going on for ...what?

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                      His grudge is going on for ...what?
                      I made the mistake of having issues with the PS4 Pro. Still, I made the even more fatal mistake with you, on not being a fan of Nintendo. Maybe, I should have Marvel's Spider-Man Or Luigi 3 for my games GOTY

Comment

I can't help what games I find interesting, I order them on the console that they are available on. Sometimes PS4, sometimes Switch.
                        Really, I'm just trying to help you understand the grammatical error of your ways. I try to use a toffee hammer to illustrate the point, but a sledgehammer is hardly scratching the surface.

And now I've gone totally off topic. Muchos apologeos.

I have found Star Wars: Jedi - Fallen Order to be frustrating in the short term. There is little pay-off for my frustration, so I see little need to continue.

Comment

I played about more last night.

I'm getting less interested as I play. The cracks and technical shortcomings really undermine the world of Star Wars - nothing like a stuttery Jedi balancing on a pipe.

These are technical issues on all formats.

Comment

I've not really had any issues that have upset me, there was a big patch yesterday, I wonder what that resolved?

Comment

Loving it , wonderful mix of Dark Souls meets God Of War in a Star Wars setting. Lovely HDR on the lighting too.

Comment

Working...
                              X