No announcement yet.

Half-Life: Alyx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I…… did not know that could be played in VR. Good grief. I must try it.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
      I…… did not know that could be played in VR. Good grief. I must try it.
      You must

This Mod brings current generation VR support to the game Alien: Isolation - Nibre/MotherVR

Comment

Comment

This is the only VR thing I really want to experience, it just looks fantastic. HL alyx in general I mean.

Comment

Jeff.

That is all.

Comment

OK to follow-up, as I've had time to collect myself... The Jeff section was absolutely terrifying. Like it's hard to express just how scared I was during the entire thing.

Comment

What was Jeffs fate?

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                  OK to follow-up, as I've had time to collect myself... The Jeff section was absolutely terrifying. Like it's hard to express just how scared I was during the entire thing.
                  Masterfully done section. I don't think I've seen that done even in a movie before.

Comment

Originally posted by huxley View Post
                    What was Jeffs fate?
                    Do you want a spoiler? Jeff is...

... a zombie, mutant creature that stomps around the distillery location. He's totally blind, but attracted to sound.

If you make noise, he'll run to you and tear you apart, and he's immune to normal weapons (I never actually died; I'm assuming it's insta-death if he gets you though). But you can make noise to direct him, and as you're in a former distillery, there are bottles you can throw and smash, and he'll charge over to the location, allowing you to slip past.

The level design's just very clever. At first you're taught how to avoid him and make your way around with him present, but he's super-strong and can crash through things you can't get through, so there are parts where you have to direct him towards stuff in order to get through.

And there's even a section where you have to get in a tiny lift with him, and do stuff to get the lift moving while literally standing in a corner while he's thrashing around.

It's fantastic... But it's harrowing. Like I'm not even sure if I'd say it was fun, but it was certainly an experience.

Comment

Do you want a spoiler? Jeff is...

... a zombie, mutant creature that stomps around the distillery location. He's totally blind, but attracted to sound.

If you make noise, he'll run to you and tear you apart, and he's immune to normal weapons (I never actually died; I'm assuming it's insta-death if he gets you though). But you can make noise to direct him, and as you're in a former distillery, there are bottles you can throw and smash, and he'll charge over to the location, allowing you to slip past.

The level design's just very clever. At first you're taught how to avoid him and make your way around with him present, but he's super-strong and can crash through things you can't get through, so there are parts where you have to direct him towards stuff in order to get through.

And there's even a section where you have to get in a tiny lift with him, and do stuff to get the lift moving while literally standing in a corner while he's thrashing around.

It's fantastic... But it's harrowing. Like I'm not even sure if I'd say it was fun, but it was certainly an experience.

Sorry I didn’t make myself clear. Did you crush him at the end of the level or just leave him?

Comment

Sorry I didn’t make myself clear. Did you crush him at the end of the level or just leave him?
                        Oh totally the former. I thought it something of a sympathy.

Comment

Oh totally the former. I thought it something of a sympathy.
                          All heart

Comment

All heart
                            I was also worried he might get back out.

Comment

On to chapter 9. Almost done!

Comment

Supposedly the latest DOTA2 update contains file references to a title called Half-Life X and finger movement detection that goes beyond what Index can do leading to speculation that Valve is readying Index 2 and Half-Life: Alyx 2

Comment

Working...
                                X