Half-Life: Alyx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brad View Post
    It’s poring but other than that yea I’m in full agreement with you I think!

I did love the bit in the Jeff episode where:

You lock him in the room and he goes ape**** and you think you’re so clever. And then you realise you need to go back into that room. Brilliant.

Also after crushing him in the compactor when Alyx says oh my god Jeff are you ok!? Lol
    No one made you press the button...........

Comment

Originally posted by huxley View Post
      No one made you press the button...........
      Haha! Originally I didn’t. I got Jeff out the equation and went and did all the levers. It wasn’t until after that I saw the button and thought hmmmm...

Comment

Half-Life: Alyx is Valve’s VR return to the Half-Life series. It’s the story of an impossible fight against a vicious alien race known as the Combine, set between the events of Half-Life and Half-Life 2. Playing as Alyx Vance, you are humanity’s only chance for survival.

To celebrate a year since its release, for the first time, Half-Life: Alyx is on sale with 40% knocked off reducing it to £27.89

Comment

Comment

As part of a high school Q&A session earlier today, Valve founder Gabe Newell has dropped a hint that his company may be dipping its toes back into gaming console waters. Valve owns Steam, the largest digital marketplace for video games, and to date they have kept themselves locked to the PC market beyond a […]

Newell has hinted that news about Valve titles coming to console will come later this year. The site speculates about Steam Link though it seems unlikely that Sony and MS would rely on third party apps for that. Alyx then becomes the next likely candidate.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
              https://www.darkhorizons.com/valve-f...-console-news/
              Newell has hinted that news about Valve titles coming to console will come later this year. The site speculates about Steam Link though it seems unlikely that Sony and MS would rely on third party apps for that. Alyx then becomes the next likely candidate.
              It's possible that with Sony dripping out PSVR2 details, that Alyx might be announced later this year for it. It's a game that makes sense to have.

Comment

Alyx should be a system seller. It’s so good.

Comment

Went back to this tonight, after getting about halfway through previously.

Difference is that this time I'm on a Q2 with the BoboVR Pro strap (the one with the magnetic removable battery) and the VRCover facial interface. This is a much more comfortable setup than I had with the Q1, and the time kinda melts away now (whereas the Q1 always felt heavy, hot, and would leave marks on my cheeks if I played too long, which I often did). The Bobo strap actually fits very like the PSVR.

I think, due to a combination of that and not having the immense expectations of everyone talking about it like it was some kind of apotheosis, I'm enjoying it much more this time around. Though the creepy bits still scare the crap out of me.

Even in the first hour, it very quickly reminds you how it's the apex of this type of game, i.e. the linear adventure, sort-of-FPS experience VR genre that also contains things like Tales from Galaxy's Edge and Vader Immortal. So many elements of it are extremely polished.
                  Last edited by Asura; 06-03-2022, 18:06.

Comment

In the dark with a torch in VR not knowing where the headcrabs are - yeah, a bit too immersive at times.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                      In the dark with a torch in VR not knowing where the headcrabs are - yeah, a bit too immersive at times.
                      even after my third playthrough that section gives me the willies!

Comment

Originally posted by huxley View Post
                        even after my third playthrough that section gives me the willies!
                        Truth. Horror movies, normal horror games, totally fine.

VR horror absolutely ****s me up.

Comment

Okay, finally got to try Alyx with a nice pair of over-ear headphones plugged into the Quest 2

Nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooope

Comment

Brilliant 😁😁😁😁😁😁

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                              Okay, finally got to try Alyx with a nice pair of over-ear headphones plugged into the Quest 2

Nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooope
                              Can be scary. Gotta say though, that is like a pre-school game compared to resident evil vii in VR.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                                Can be scary. Gotta say though, that is like a pre-school game compared to resident evil vii in VR.
                                Pfffftt - Alien Isolation!

Comment

Working...
                                X