Half-Life: Alyx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jamesy View Post
    They've barely done anything at all though.
    Quite, I've no doubt Valve will outsource the PS5 VR port to a different corp and where the PS5 will have the grunt to handle the game in VR.

The game looks amazing and I just hope it comes to a Console

Comment

PSVR is the biggest selling VR headset. They'd be silly to over look the games largest market.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesy View Post
        They've barely done anything at all though.
        Output isn't just the number of individual games released. They've done two major releases on Steam; DOTA Underlords & Artifact. In additional they've continued to maintain some of the biggest Live services on PC; DOTA 2, CS:GO, TF2.

In an era of GaaS during this console generation they have shown no interest in porting their games to console.

Comment

Half-Life: Alyx exists primarily for 2 reasons:

-To promote sales of Index
          -To promote Source 2 tools

Neither are aided by PSVR. It's certainly possible a publisher approaches Valve and pleads to port it but given how limited the VR audience is it seems unlikely. I mean, other than Valve having little incentive to bother you have to also factor in that by the time PSVR2 launches Alyx will likely be at least 2 years old by then, itself a niche spin-off based on a long dormant franchise that doesn't mean much to most PS gamers. If Valve was concerned about money made directly by the software itself they'd likely offer a more interaction cutback non-VR variant and make mega-money over night by comparison. Hell, if Valve was concerned about Half-Life making money these days we wouldn't be getting a VR game after a decade of dormancy in the first place.

Comment

Want to re-familiarize yourself with the Half-Life franchise? Or interested in trying the series for the first time? You'll be able to, easily, thanks to a new promotion held by Valve. In order to hype people up for the imminent launch of Half-Life Alyx, all the games in the franchise are free...

You can't keep them but until HL:A launches all Half Life games are free to play on Steam

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
              You can't keep them but until HL:A launches all Half Life games are free to play on Steam
              Forever then, got it.

Comment

Valve has said that the game is now finished

Comment

Remember when that guy hacked in and stole Half-Life 2?

Comment

The impending launch of Half-Life: Alyx sent Valve Index sales to more than double, despite its hefty price. Half-Life: Alyx doesn't require the Valve Index headset, but it does include a free copy of the game. It's the first new Half-Life game in over a decade and takes place between the first two games.

The Vive sales boost is very large in VR terms such is the impact the games release has had on sales of VR units.
                    I must say, it's impressive as I'd wondered if Half-Life had lost its relevance and whilst it potentially just suggests that the core fanbase who are more likely to go out their way to play a new entry are still there it's still a net catch for Valve.

That being said, the second hand market must be sweating in anticipation of the sea of VR units that will hit it post-Alyx.

Comment

Half-Life: Alyx is Valve’s VR return to the Half-Life series. It’s the story of an impossible fight against a vicious alien race known as the Combine, set between the events of Half-Life and Half-Life 2. Playing as Alyx Vance, you are humanity’s only chance for survival.

Confirmed to release on 23 March

Comment

IGN have posted more gameplay from the new game that you would never believe from the vacuum of hype is just 9 days away

Comment

PDP has a vid. Watching now

Comment

Didn't get near it but did watch some reviews and it seems like it's a very strong entry if more reserved in its experimentation with VR than was expected.

Comment

I’m amazed at the level of interaction you can have with objects in this game. Even silly stuff like picking up a marker pen and writing with it! I hope it makes it way to PSVR(2?) eventually.

Comment

The best 15 I’ve ever spent in VR, my steam stats say I’m over 1000!

Comment

Working...
                                X