No announcement yet.

Shenmue 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with the fighting. It's the one bit that hasn't really clicked for me yet, and feels quite unresponsive. Having said that, I wasn't a huge fan of the fighting in 1 & 2, so it's comforting to see that hasn't changed either!

I think the bad voice acting, nonsensical lines in conversations and slow game play will be hated by anyone not familiar with it. For fans though, this is as faithful a sequel as we could have ever hoped for.

11/10

Comment

Yeah, I think it’s amazing. I could probably list faults for several pages of the thread but not a single one of them matters to my experience of the game. It’s absolutely beautiful.

For all the adventure, kung fu, pretty locations, tasks and mini games, my favourite thing in the game so far are the little conversations Ryo and Shenhua have each evening. They’re lovely.

I got that white lure and the kid had the audacity to ask for another toy. This is not the most efficient way to get medicine, kid.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
        I can't decide between the classic cheesy English or better Japanese but rubbish subs clearly repeating the English va's lines which is quite off putting.
        Ye some of the subs are a bit weird I think they’re trying to give different answer responses to questions in the English subs, but comes off as odd.

Enjoying the bit I played I like the way Yu Suzuki kept it familiar but updated it slightly.

Comment

It’s crazy how you don’t eat at all during the first two games but now that Ryo’s on solids, he has to eat every few minutes!

Unless I’m mistaken, the green HP circles don’t recover themselves but the yellow ones do. So if I’m not about to fight, I don’t eat if I’m still in the green. While in the yellow circles, I can run a bit and then stop running to let the current circle recover. Rinse and repeat. I haven’t tried going through two circles to see if they’re both recovered.

Comment

Hopefully if Shenmue 4 ever happens, we don't also need to take Ryo to the bathroom.

Right now I'm at the

part where I'm trying to get Mr Drunken Master to each me his moves. Not convinced that he actually is, Ryo's dignity has already been ransacked in the process.

Comment

I’m at the same point but need to make money first. Mo money, mo problems. Anyone got any betting tips? Thought I had the turtles and frogs figured out but then had a total losing streak. All the others are too risky for my tastes.

Comment

Ryo really is the world's most pig**** thick detective isn't he.

Comment

Originally posted by Lyris View Post
                  Hopefully if Shenmue 4 ever happens, we don't also need to take Ryo to the bathroom.

Right now I'm at the

part where I'm trying to get Mr Drunken Master to each me his moves. Not convinced that he actually is, Ryo's dignity has already been ransacked in the process.
                  Oh man, that guy really pissed me off. What a twat he is.
                  I'm enjoying the game but the amount of bull **** needed to be done to progress the story is way beyond the other games. It need to be toned down quite some bit.
                  Last edited by Yakumo; 24-11-2019, 14:55.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                    I’m at the same point but need to make money first. Mo money, mo problems. Anyone got any betting tips? Thought I had the turtles and frogs figured out but then had a total losing streak. All the others are too risky for my tastes.
                    I just ended up chopping bloody wood for an hour. Oh, and the fortune teller is full of crap even though everyone says she speaks the truth.

Comment

The fortune teller seems good for one round of that wind bird thing game.

One touch I love with Ryo and Shenhua...

For a long time, she wakes you by poking her head in the door. Then she comes in to your room as you get to know each other. And now she comes and gives me a little shake to wake me up.

It's a lovely progression.

Comment

Nicest random feature I've spotted so far:

Dart game music is playing in the cafe on Sunset Hill

I feel like there is quite alot of A to B 'investigating' to just pad out what is a fairly small game area so far. But I'm still absolutely in love with it all over again. And the way the villagers slowly become familiar with you and start helping you out is brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by dave heats View Post
                          I feel like there is quite alot of A to B 'investigating' to just pad out what is a fairly small game area so far.
                          Yeah, there was one bit that was a bit like early Phoenix Wright in that I knew exactly what to do but it wouldn't let me do it until I had gone through a few steps.

Comment

Nice to see the game rising to new heights. The chicken catching easily beats the forklift for most annoying task in a Shenmue game.

Edit: Finally caught those chickens and finished that section. Did not enjoy catching the chickens and basically only did it by pure chance in the end.
                            Last edited by Dogg Thang; 25-11-2019, 22:12.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                              Nice to see the game rising to new heights. The chicken catching easily beats the forklift for most annoying task in a Shenmue game.

Edit: Finally caught those chickens and finished that section. Did not enjoy catching the chickens and basically only did it by pure chance in the end.
                              I hated that section because I never can remember the locations of the stupid PlayStation buttons. Why the hell couldn't they use letters rather than shapes.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                                I hated that section because I never can remember the locations of the stupid PlayStation buttons. Why the hell couldn't they use letters rather than shapes.
                                I had letters because I'm on PC but a load of the prompts appeared so quickly that there is no way a human could get to the button. On some of them, there wasn't even a prompt - just the animation followed instantly by the fail noise. I never figured out if there was a trick to it. Like, if you approach them at a certain angle, do you get a longer prompt? Because some gave me much more time than others. I eventually just got it by luck, committing to a button and just hoping it would turn out to be the right one.

Comment

Working...
                                X