No announcement yet.

Shenmue 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished this last night. I have to say that the last section is where all the money went. That feels like a Shenmue game. It's faster passed too.
    Overall I found the game quite a drag. Yes, I liked it but there were many parts that really pissed me off as it was just pure bull****. I'd much rather the game was short than making the player go through needless crap just to pad the game out.
    If a 4th game is made then is has to be more in line with the original games in terms of quests and interaction with characters in a meaningful way.
    Oh, I should point out that the Japanese voices are all the same as the original games unlike the English voices.

Comment

Originally posted by tokyochojin View Post
      Is there anything you can do with your spare capsule toys? I'm only in the first village but spent a fortune trying to get Ryo in the forklift and have a about 10 doubles of all of the others in that set.
      No, not as far as I know. If you get more full sets, you can sell them for money. You can sell them individually but you get a tiny amount for them. Better than nothing though.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
        Oh, I should point out that the Japanese voices are all the same as the original games unlike the English voices.
        Shenhua's apparently isn't since the actress retired, but I think that's all.

I heard a clip of the new English Nozomi online. It doesn't sound anything like the original character.

Comment

Because I played Shenmue 2 on the DC which had Japanese voices, I have long forgotten what the English voice characters sound like. I do find it funny that Ryo is just as awkward and stilted no matter what language you use.

Comment

Originally posted by Lyris View Post

I heard a clip of the new English Nozomi online. It doesn't sound anything like the original character.
            Yeah, you can phone old characters later in the game for a catch up, and Nozomi's new voice actress is not even close.

Still loving it, but I'm finding money really hard to build up. Fishing seems to be the best way, which is handy as I'm loving it. But it's a big time commitment. Difficult to tell whether fishing or chopping wood is the most time efficient way to make cash.

Comment

Originally posted by dave heats View Post
              Difficult to tell whether fishing or chopping wood is the most time efficient way to make cash.
              Chopping wood probably is but it's boring so I tended to alternate between that and fishing. Although selling herbs can make some big money - but they don't seem to regrow so it's a one-time influx of cash.

Also... I eventually figured that the fortune teller is almost reliable for one shot of that wind/flower/moon game. Not 100% and it's possible that maybe there is a lot more to it but, for me, if I went to the fortune teller, got a lucky colour and then ran to the game and put a load of tokens on that colour, I'd usually win. And you win four times what you put down so it's worth the risk. I then would just run back to the fortune teller and repeat. No idea if the fortune teller is any use beyond one shot but I used this method to build up some cash too. It is also pretty boring.

If you're in the second area, I found a big money tip online that must be pretty much cheating but I used it in the end...

Comment

Yeah I rinsed the fortune teller in the first area. She seemed to have about an 80% chance of being correct each time on the wind flower moon game thing.

interested to hear about the big money tip in the second area though mate. Is it basically this:

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Or is there something else I'm not finding on Google. Would love a decent amount of money to max out my capsule toy collections

And also absolutely loving finding the little bird figures in all of the shops for the shop cards. It's kept me busy for a good few hours so far!

Comment

interested to hear about the big money tip in the second area though mate. Is it basically this:

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.
                  Not sure if they cover it in that video but I don’t think so (I didn’t watch it all). It’s this method over on Gamefaqs: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards...e-iii/78201518

I didn’t quite go as overboard as the poster there but I did it to get the last bit of money and it works a treat.

Comment

Originally posted by Lyris View Post

Really? Sounds just like the original. I'll have to check the names.

Comment

Yeah, you can phone old characters later in the game for a catch up, and Nozomi's new voice actress is not even close.

Still loving it, but I'm finding money really hard to build up. Fishing seems to be the best way, which is handy as I'm loving it. But it's a big time commitment. Difficult to tell whether fishing or chopping wood is the most time efficient way to make cash.
                      Best way to get money is to play the game where you spin the ball around the dish. It pays out 4 times what you bet. So play, save, play, save continually. That way, if you loose a round just load up the previous save. Also, when loading the previous save the winning result of the round you lost is mostly the same so you'll know where to bet.

Comment

Save scumming eh...

Comment

The book selling trick is quicker and requires no save scumming if that’s a factor.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                            The book selling trick is quicker and requires no save scumming if that’s a factor.
                            Nothing wrong with save scumming when a game is taking the piss with it requirements.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                              Thanks for that tip mate, I had a blast last night and should have enough money to see me through the rest of the game now. Knowing you need 5,000 Yuan later on in the game just made my heart sink thinking about chopping that much wood or betting, so it's a bit of a relief,

Comment

I was fortunate that I had hoarded cash all through the game because I had set up a daily rhythm of wood chopping after my martial arts practice (with a bit of the fortune teller/wind moon thing and fishing on the side) so I didn't even need to make that much but, in the end, couldn't face chopping or fishing my way through it. So that's when I went looking to see what other tricks might be out there. The forklifting is actually way less frustrating in this one than it was back on the DC so I did that for a while but even that pays very little.

Comment

Working...
                                X