User Tag List

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Shenmue 3

The book selling trick is quicker and requires no save scumming if that’s a factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    The book selling trick is quicker and requires no save scumming if that’s a factor.
    Nothing wrong with save scumming when a game is taking the piss with it requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    Thanks for that tip mate, I had a blast last night and should have enough money to see me through the rest of the game now. Knowing you need 5,000 Yuan later on in the game just made my heart sink thinking about chopping that much wood or betting, so it's a bit of a relief,

I was fortunate that I had hoarded cash all through the game because I had set up a daily rhythm of wood chopping after my martial arts practice (with a bit of the fortune teller/wind moon thing and fishing on the side) so I didn't even need to make that much but, in the end, couldn't face chopping or fishing my way through it. So that's when I went looking to see what other tricks might be out there. The forklifting is actually way less frustrating in this one than it was back on the DC so I did that for a while but even that pays very little.

I only just realised you can save/load from the pause screen by going to...

SETTINGS.

Why is R1 used for that screen? Why not Options? I'm hoping it's reserved for warping to sailors later on, otherwise I'll be pissed.

Also, I can't find a way to switch voices without going back to the main menu so it's been Japanese all the way. I liked switching the remakes back and forth at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakumo View Post
    Really? Sounds just like the original. I'll have to check the names.
    If you can stand listening to the English version again, refresh your memory. She sounded kind of shy in the original English version, the new actress is more full-on valley girl.

I had never played Shenmue in English. I thought the voice acting was so bad. It put me right off. So the first two were played in Japanese however I did play the PAL version of part 2 for the English text. It wasn't until then did I know all the real drinks were removed and characters changed plus no smoking either. Did you know that Yuan was a lady boy in the Japanese version? In the PAL version it's a woman.

"It's" lol.
    I love how living in Japan keeps us non-PC

Quote Originally Posted by tokyochojin View Post
    "It's" lol.
    I love how living in Japan keeps us non-PC
    hahaha, sometimes I don't know what can be said these days. We have a "new half" working in our company. For the longest time I wondered how should I address that person but since the look and the person obviously wants to be a female I just call her Ms........... That seemed to be acceptable by the person.