No announcement yet.

Mayflash mulit format arcade sticks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got the Xbox 360 MagicBoots for my Mayflash F500 through the post today. It's just a small USB connector thingy, a bit like the receiver for a wireless mouse or similar, but I didn't have an official wired Xbox 360 controller and it's a much neater solution really.

Just had a quick test with Soulcalibur and it seems to work perfectly.

Wonder if the MagicBoots things would work on the Dragon Slay sticks as well?

Comment

Originally posted by BearBoy View Post
      Wonder if the MagicBoots things would work on the Dragon Slay sticks as well?
      I wondered this too, It'll depend whether they are somehow specifically designed for the Mayflash sticks OR just mimicking an official controller's authentication signal, if its the later then the Dragon Slay would probably think it's a 360/PS3/4 pad connected and use it's ID like normal.

Personally I sit in a location where having a controller attached is no big deal especially since the sticks are wired already, definitely a cool option to have for the Mayflash (and potentially the DS) especially if it saves you buying a controller you may not even need!

Comment

The Venom Arcade stick is now down to £32 @ CEX, it works out at about £25.50 posted if you buy some vouchers at 75%:

Comment

Originally posted by Olly C View Post
          The Venom Arcade stick is now down to £32 @ CEX, it works out at about £25.50 posted if you buy some vouchers at 75%:

https://uk.webuy.com/product-detail/?id=5031300028581
          Where are you buying all these vouchers at 75% of the value mate? I’ve seen you mention this a lot.

Comment

Hey [MENTION=9240]Olly C[/MENTION] how are you getting on with the Dragon Slay?

See they are still available on CEX for £50 & thinking it might be time to take the plunge

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
              Where are you buying all these vouchers at 75% of the value mate? I’ve seen you mention this a lot.
              Sorry only just seen this since Soundwave tagged me in his post.

So basically if you're in Facebook gaming/retro gaming groups then people often trade in a load of stuff (or junk) for credit at CEX and then sell the vouchers for around 80% of their value because sometimes selling those at 80% would give the seller more money than what CEX would offer them cash.

Sometimes you can score them for as low as 75% of the value it just depends on supply and demand, other times it's not worth getting credit and selling at even 80% because the cash price of the item you trade in might work out more than the selling credit at 85% for instance.

Example here:

If you have this game and want to sell to CEX they will give you £32, so you trade it in for credit instead and get £46, 80% of £46 would give you £36.80 cash, so you'd end up getting more cash if you sold the voucher at 80% than if you took the cash.

Example of it not worth doing is here:

If you sell this item to CEX for cash you'd get £182, if you sell the item for credit you'd get £210, but if you then sold that credit at 80% you'd only get back £168 so its not worth doing because you'd be worse off by £14 in this instance. You'd have to sell the credit for a minimum of 90% face value for it to be worth it, that'd give you £189 so £7 more than if you took cash.

That's basically how it all works, if you use CEX in this way you definately see better value out of it, I rarely trade stuff in for either myself as I prefer to sell elsewhere usually but if they are offering a good price then I'd do it and work out if its better to take the cash or sell the credit.

Hope that helps

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                Hey @Olly C how are you getting on with the Dragon Slay?

See they are still available on CEX for £50 & thinking it might be time to take the plunge

Neil
                Hey Neil,

I'm getting on well with the Dragon Slay, I've used it a good amount on PC (King of Fighters IV) and Xbox One (King of Fighters 98 UM and 2002 UM) and played through the whole King of Fighters series on Neo Geo AES one weekend too via the Brook Super Conveter and an official PS4 pad. I can't really complain, it does exactly as advertised, I love the feel and look of it, it's simple enough to set up and play on either console or PC and there is no delay or anything.

The Dragon Slay that's in stock at the moment is the one I mentioned earlier:

"Also the Dragon Slay B condition in stock @ £50 posted:

https://uk.webuy.com/product-detail?...-fight-stick-b

I actually ordered and returned this one in the hope it might have been the AK19 variant but it was another AK17 so I just kept the one I had and returned it, the box is a little beat up, it doesn't have the controller cable included (niether does mine, a standard cable works though) it has the alternate artwork in the packet and the hex screwdriver for opening it."

So it is definitely the older DGSAK17 (which is the one I have) and not the newer model that works on switch, it's not in perfect condition but for the price you get the Sanwa parts and a really sturdy stick.
                Last edited by Olly C; 31-12-2019, 00:31.

Comment

Working...
                X