User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    Look forward to your thoughts on the Dragon Slay
    Okay, so early first impressions...

It looks sweet, it feels weighty and it's a decent size for comfortably having on your lap but also has very nice firm feet for playing on a desk or table.

Play testing first on Xbox One, I personally use an officially licensed PDP wired controller for playing on my Xbox One rather than an official controller but unfortunately plugging this wired controller into the Dragon Slay does not work, so I had to use an official wireless one and plug that in via a USB cable to the back of the stick, I'm not sure if it ONLY works with an official controller but it would seem that way, not wholly unexpected.

Play testing on the PS3, when just directly plugging it in with no controller attached the stick is recognised but the button layout match up is all off, there is no circle button and some of the ones that are there are in the wrong place, plugging in wired PS3 stick into the Dragon Slay didn't work, plugging in a official PS3 dual shock (admitted its battery was dead) also did not work, again not unexpected since they did state clearly that it isn't designed for PS3 but I figured I'd test it out.

Next up my Neo Geo AES with Brook Super Converter, obviously the PS3 options are out with this stick so I first tried it on its own, no joy, then I tried the Hori PS4 Mini wired controller plugged into the stick, sadly again no joy This sucks a bit as I don't own a PS4 or PS4 controller so I'm going to have to buy one it seems to get it to work.

So to sum up so far, it works great with Xbox One with an official controller plugged into the stick, it works great on PS4/Neo Geo with a Super Converter with an official PS4 controller plugged into the stick and it doesn't work properly on PS3.

The overall stick quality seems great, obviously it has a proper Sanwa Denshi stick with full Sanwa Denshi buttons so it feels like it should, the button layout is nice, the cable is really long so fine if you're sat far away from your TV.

I'm going to be using it some more on both my Xbox One and Neo Geo over the coming days, I'll try and report back further opinions.

I got a Mayflash F500 Elite delivered today. Only had a quick go but first impressions are very good. Bought it primarily for my PS4 but also with a view to using it on my Xbox 360. I don't have a wired 360 pad so have ordered one of the MagicBoots things to use instead. That probably won't be here for a couple of weeks though. I've also ordered a PS4 one as well, just to keep things a bit neater.
    Last edited by BearBoy; 24-11-2019 at 05:13 PM.

Soundwave - Something for you to note if you chose to get a Dragon Slay stick at some point, there is very little information anywhere online about it but there is actually two different models of stick, the old one (which is the one I got from CEX by the looks of it) is the DGSAK17 and is not designed to work with Switch, then the newer model which is advertised that it does and that one is the DGSAK19, the only other different appears to be that the plexiglass art shield on the top of the stick has 4 screws to hold it on the 17 and 6 screws to hold it on the 19.

I've reached out to Dragon Slay via their website to ask what exactly the differences between the two are and if there are firmware updates for them like there are the Mayflash, I'll see what they say.

I spent last night testing the stick out on PC, its detected as a 360 controller and seems to work great, I spent a while playing King of Fighters IV and I'm pretty good at getting off the moves I intend to do now which hasn't always been the case in the past (I'd say I'm more of a casual player than competitive) but yea I've getting very used to the stick and I'm happy with the purchase, for 37.50 I certaintly can't complain

Thank's for the impressions @Olly C

Sounds like you got an absolute bargain their on the Dragon Slay

I'm keeping a close eye now on Amazons Black Friday deals (just in case) & CEX to see what comes up.

Definitely sounds like they will be suitable for me

Thanks again for the help, it's really appreciated

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    Thank's for the impressions @Olly C

Sounds like you got an absolute bargain their on the Dragon Slay

I'm keeping a close eye now on Amazons Black Friday deals (just in case) & CEX to see what comes up.

Definitely sounds like they will be suitable for me

Thanks again for the help, it's really appreciated

Neil
    Mayflash F500 B condition in stock @ 46.50 posted:

https://uk.webuy.com/product-detail?...-platform%29-b

That'd be 35~ if you could source vouchers at 75% value.

Also the Dragon Slay B condition in stock @ 50 posted:

https://uk.webuy.com/product-detail?...-fight-stick-b

I actually ordered and returned this one in the hope it might have been the AK19 variant but it was another AK17 so I just kept the one I had and returned it, the box is a little beat up, it doesn't have the controller cable included (niether does mine, a standard cable works though) it has the alternate artwork in the packet and the hex screwdriver for opening it. This one would work out at 37.50 if you can find vouchers.

The value of the Sanwa parts included on the Dragon Slay make it great value even if you were to buy another stick later down the line and steal the parts from it.

Got the Xbox 360 MagicBoots for my Mayflash F500 through the post today. It's just a small USB connector thingy, a bit like the receiver for a wireless mouse or similar, but I didn't have an official wired Xbox 360 controller and it's a much neater solution really.

Just had a quick test with Soulcalibur and it seems to work perfectly.

Wonder if the MagicBoots things would work on the Dragon Slay sticks as well?

Quote Originally Posted by BearBoy View Post
    Wonder if the MagicBoots things would work on the Dragon Slay sticks as well?
    I wondered this too, It'll depend whether they are somehow specifically designed for the Mayflash sticks OR just mimicking an official controller's authentication signal, if its the later then the Dragon Slay would probably think it's a 360/PS3/4 pad connected and use it's ID like normal.

Personally I sit in a location where having a controller attached is no big deal especially since the sticks are wired already, definitely a cool option to have for the Mayflash (and potentially the DS) especially if it saves you buying a controller you may not even need!

The Venom Arcade stick is now down to 32 @ CEX, it works out at about 25.50 posted if you buy some vouchers at 75%:

https://uk.webuy.com/product-detail/?id=5031300028581

Quote Originally Posted by Olly C View Post
    The Venom Arcade stick is now down to 32 @ CEX, it works out at about 25.50 posted if you buy some vouchers at 75%:

https://uk.webuy.com/product-detail/?id=5031300028581
    Where are you buying all these vouchers at 75% of the value mate? I’ve seen you mention this a lot.