Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mayflash mulit format arcade sticks

Hey all,

I'm looking for an arcade stick option for my Switch & have seen these Mayflash ones in the Play-Asia sale that say they work with all consoles but just wondering if anyone has any experience with them & do they really work with everything? (Having one solution for everything would be an added bonus)

Mayflash Arcade Stick F300 Elite SanWa Buttons for PC, PS3, X360, PS4, XONE, Android, SW, XONE X * In our warehouse. Compatible with PS4/PS3/XBOX ONE/XBOX 360/XBOX ONE X/PC/Android/Switch/ NEOGEO miniBy using premium quality Sanwa components—9 highly responsive buttons and a precision 4-way joystick, you can reliably strike instantly and surely, game after game, while maintaining peak performanceSupports the XINPUT and DINPUT when being used on PCSupports the Turbo functions with different speed settings you can toy withThe D-Pad and X/Y Analog Axis mode can be exchangedIt is required that your consoleÀs controller be connected wired to your Arcade Stick at ...

Thanks in advance

Neil

All of these types of sticks use USB passthrough for Xbox One/PS4 support, they should work without anything extra for Switch and PC though.

The Mayflash and Venom one's are available in the UK if you prefer from the likes of Amazon and such.

It was a joint venture so the Venom and F300 are basically the same, the F500 is a little better qaulity and the F500 Elite is better still.

The F300 Elite isn't available here but the normal F300 or Venom sticks are very easy to mod with official parts, we're talking open them up, pop the old ones out, clip the new ones in, job done.

Hope that helps a little.

Comment

Originally posted by Olly C View Post
      All of these types of sticks use USB passthrough for Xbox One/PS4 support, they should work without anything extra for Switch and PC though.

The Mayflash and Venom one's are available in the UK if you prefer from the likes of Amazon and such.

It was a joint venture so the Venom and F300 are basically the same, the F500 is a little better qaulity and the F500 Elite is better still.

The F300 Elite isn't available here but the normal F300 or Venom sticks are very easy to mod with official parts, we're talking open them up, pop the old ones out, clip the new ones in, job done.

Hope that helps a little.
      Thanks buddy appreciate that.

Just been looking at them on Amazon, think I'll take a punt on an F500...too many shooters on the Switch now & definitely think it's time to invest in a stick to play them properly

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
        Thanks buddy appreciate that.

Just been looking at them on Amazon, think I'll take a punt on an F500...too many shooters on the Switch now & definitely think it's time to invest in a stick to play them properly

Neil
        They are also stocked on CEX if you're okay shopping there, if you can source some credit for 75-80% of the value then it's really good because they'll come with a two year warranty in case you have any durability issues.

You could potentially get the Mayflash F300 for £33 shipped (they have an F500 the other day but are out of stock at the moment) then spend some money upgrading to Sanwa parts of your choice as they are really easy to mod.

Personally I've just ordered a different multiformat stick from CEX to test out, I went for this one:

Universal Arcade Fightstick - Online and Retail Stores where you can get Dragon Slay products.

I'll be looking to use it for Xbox One and then my Neo Geo AES via a Brook Super Converter (PS3/4 > Neo Geo) its also compatable with Nintendo Switch and PC without any extra bits needed.

I went for that purely because that one came with Sanwa buttons and sticks already so for the price I paid (£37.50 posted!) I figured it was worth trying it out first, again it has a 2 year warranty if I have any issues.
        Last edited by Olly C; 21-11-2019, 14:49.

Comment

They are also stocked on CEX if you're okay shopping there, if you can source some credit for 75-80% of the value then it's really good because they'll come with a two year warranty in case you have any durability issues.

You could potentially get the Mayflash F300 for £33 shipped (they have an F500 the other day but are out of stock at the moment) then spend some money upgrading to Sanwa parts of your choice as they are really easy to mod.

Personally I've just ordered a different multiformat stick from CEX to test out, I went for this one:

Universal Arcade Fightstick - Online and Retail Stores where you can get Dragon Slay products.

I'll be looking to use it for Xbox One and then my Neo Geo AES via a Brook Super Converter (PS3/4 > Neo Geo) its also compatable with Nintendo Switch and PC without any extra bits needed.

I went for that purely because that one came with Sanwa buttons and sticks already so for the price I paid (£37.50 posted!) I figured it was worth trying it out first, again it has a 2 year warranty if I have any issues.
          Thanks Olly
          That's interesting about CEX, just looked at the F300 still in stock so might look at the properly tonight.

I actually saw that Dragonslay one on Amazon earlier when looking but £120.00 from them seemed a bit too pricey (could get a Hori RAP for under £100 on Amazon) but will definitely keep looking at them too, they look pretty good,

Thanks again for the help

Neil

Comment

Just went into buy a Play-Asia bargain Mayflash Elite 300 but delivery costs are quoted as £42-63! It would be cheaper for me to use Amazon UK?
            Last edited by paulus; 21-11-2019, 19:40. Reason: missed store name

Comment

Originally posted by paulus View Post
              Just went into buy a Play-Asia bargain Mayflash Elite 300 but delivery costs are quoted as £42-63! It would be cheaper for me to use Amazon UK?
              Yeah grab one from Amazon
              Prices for shipping from Play-Asia is obscene plus you're likely to get customs charges on something that high

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by paulus View Post
                They don't do the Mayflash F300 Elite in the UK from what I've seen, you can get the F500 Elite but that's nearing £100.

As mentioned each of the sticks is really easily upgradable so you can go for the lower end one and then chose your own upgrades and install them without the need of soldering skills.

I'll try and post back and let you guys know what I think of the Dragon Slay one, if it's no good I'll probably just grab the Venom one and customise the buttons and stick as and when I see fit.

Oh and as a negative for the Dragon Slay it's less multiformat than the others, the Mayflash and Venom options (all models) are compatible with 360/PS3 as well where as the Dragon Slay states that it isn't, I'll personally be testing to see if it works for PS3 myself as I need it to, otherwise I'm going to buy a £15 Hori Mini PS4 pad to hopefully get it to work with the Brook converter.
                Last edited by Olly C; 22-11-2019, 00:40.

Comment

Adding this link to the thread just to outline the differences between the F300 and F500, they both have the same stick and buttons, both can be upgraded in the same way, but the difference between the two are outlined here:

Also my Dragon Slay stick is scheduled for delivery tomorrow morning

Comment

Adding this link to the thread just to outline the differences between the F300 and F500, they both have the same stick and buttons, both can be upgraded in the same way, but the difference between the two are outlined here:

Also my Dragon Slay stick is scheduled for delivery tomorrow morning
                    Thanks man, appreciate the link.

Look forward to your thoughts on the Dragon Slay

Neil

Comment

Look forward to your thoughts on the Dragon Slay
                      Okay, so early first impressions...

It looks sweet, it feels weighty and it's a decent size for comfortably having on your lap but also has very nice firm feet for playing on a desk or table.

Play testing first on Xbox One, I personally use an officially licensed PDP wired controller for playing on my Xbox One rather than an official controller but unfortunately plugging this wired controller into the Dragon Slay does not work, so I had to use an official wireless one and plug that in via a USB cable to the back of the stick, I'm not sure if it ONLY works with an official controller but it would seem that way, not wholly unexpected.

Play testing on the PS3, when just directly plugging it in with no controller attached the stick is recognised but the button layout match up is all off, there is no circle button and some of the ones that are there are in the wrong place, plugging in wired PS3 stick into the Dragon Slay didn't work, plugging in a official PS3 dual shock (admitted its battery was dead) also did not work, again not unexpected since they did state clearly that it isn't designed for PS3 but I figured I'd test it out.

Next up my Neo Geo AES with Brook Super Converter, obviously the PS3 options are out with this stick so I first tried it on its own, no joy, then I tried the Hori PS4 Mini wired controller plugged into the stick, sadly again no joy This sucks a bit as I don't own a PS4 or PS4 controller so I'm going to have to buy one it seems to get it to work.

So to sum up so far, it works great with Xbox One with an official controller plugged into the stick, it works great on PS4/Neo Geo with a Super Converter with an official PS4 controller plugged into the stick and it doesn't work properly on PS3.

The overall stick quality seems great, obviously it has a proper Sanwa Denshi stick with full Sanwa Denshi buttons so it feels like it should, the button layout is nice, the cable is really long so fine if you're sat far away from your TV.

I'm going to be using it some more on both my Xbox One and Neo Geo over the coming days, I'll try and report back further opinions.

Comment

I got a Mayflash F500 Elite delivered today. Only had a quick go but first impressions are very good. Bought it primarily for my PS4 but also with a view to using it on my Xbox 360. I don't have a wired 360 pad so have ordered one of the MagicBoots things to use instead. That probably won't be here for a couple of weeks though. I've also ordered a PS4 one as well, just to keep things a bit neater.
                        Last edited by BearBoy; 24-11-2019, 17:13.

Comment

Soundwave - Something for you to note if you chose to get a Dragon Slay stick at some point, there is very little information anywhere online about it but there is actually two different models of stick, the old one (which is the one I got from CEX by the looks of it) is the DGSAK17 and is not designed to work with Switch, then the newer model which is advertised that it does and that one is the DGSAK19, the only other different appears to be that the plexiglass art shield on the top of the stick has 4 screws to hold it on the 17 and 6 screws to hold it on the 19.

I've reached out to Dragon Slay via their website to ask what exactly the differences between the two are and if there are firmware updates for them like there are the Mayflash, I'll see what they say.

I spent last night testing the stick out on PC, its detected as a 360 controller and seems to work great, I spent a while playing King of Fighters IV and I'm pretty good at getting off the moves I intend to do now which hasn't always been the case in the past (I'd say I'm more of a casual player than competitive) but yea I've getting very used to the stick and I'm happy with the purchase, for £37.50 I certaintly can't complain

Comment

Thank's for the impressions [MENTION=9240]Olly C[/MENTION]

Sounds like you got an absolute bargain their on the Dragon Slay

I'm keeping a close eye now on Amazons Black Friday deals (just in case) & CEX to see what comes up.

Definitely sounds like they will be suitable for me

Thanks again for the help, it's really appreciated

Neil

Comment

Thank's for the impressions @Olly C

Sounds like you got an absolute bargain their on the Dragon Slay

I'm keeping a close eye now on Amazons Black Friday deals (just in case) & CEX to see what comes up.

Definitely sounds like they will be suitable for me

Thanks again for the help, it's really appreciated

Neil
                              Mayflash F500 B condition in stock @ £46.50 posted:

That'd be £35~ if you could source vouchers at 75% value.

Also the Dragon Slay B condition in stock @ £50 posted:

I actually ordered and returned this one in the hope it might have been the AK19 variant but it was another AK17 so I just kept the one I had and returned it, the box is a little beat up, it doesn't have the controller cable included (niether does mine, a standard cable works though) it has the alternate artwork in the packet and the hex screwdriver for opening it. This one would work out at £37.50 if you can find vouchers.

The value of the Sanwa parts included on the Dragon Slay make it great value even if you were to buy another stick later down the line and steal the parts from it.

Comment

Working...
                              X