User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mayflash mulit format arcade sticks

Hey all,

I'm looking for an arcade stick option for my Switch & have seen these Mayflash ones in the Play-Asia sale that say they work with all consoles but just wondering if anyone has any experience with them & do they really work with everything? (Having one solution for everything would be an added bonus)

https://www.play-asia.com/mayflash-a...tons/13/70ci3r

Thanks in advance

Neil

All of these types of sticks use USB passthrough for Xbox One/PS4 support, they should work without anything extra for Switch and PC though.

The Mayflash and Venom one's are available in the UK if you prefer from the likes of Amazon and such.

It was a joint venture so the Venom and F300 are basically the same, the F500 is a little better qaulity and the F500 Elite is better still.

The F300 Elite isn't available here but the normal F300 or Venom sticks are very easy to mod with official parts, we're talking open them up, pop the old ones out, clip the new ones in, job done.

Hope that helps a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Olly C View Post
    All of these types of sticks use USB passthrough for Xbox One/PS4 support, they should work without anything extra for Switch and PC though.

The Mayflash and Venom one's are available in the UK if you prefer from the likes of Amazon and such.

It was a joint venture so the Venom and F300 are basically the same, the F500 is a little better qaulity and the F500 Elite is better still.

The F300 Elite isn't available here but the normal F300 or Venom sticks are very easy to mod with official parts, we're talking open them up, pop the old ones out, clip the new ones in, job done.

Hope that helps a little.
    Thanks buddy appreciate that.

Just been looking at them on Amazon, think I'll take a punt on an F500...too many shooters on the Switch now & definitely think it's time to invest in a stick to play them properly

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    Thanks buddy appreciate that.

Just been looking at them on Amazon, think I'll take a punt on an F500...too many shooters on the Switch now & definitely think it's time to invest in a stick to play them properly

Neil
    They are also stocked on CEX if you're okay shopping there, if you can source some credit for 75-80% of the value then it's really good because they'll come with a two year warranty in case you have any durability issues.

You could potentially get the Mayflash F300 for 33 shipped (they have an F500 the other day but are out of stock at the moment) then spend some money upgrading to Sanwa parts of your choice as they are really easy to mod.

https://uk.webuy.com/search?stext=ma...sortOrder=desc

Personally I've just ordered a different multiformat stick from CEX to test out, I went for this one:

https://www.dragonslay.zone/product-...ade-Fightstick

I'll be looking to use it for Xbox One and then my Neo Geo AES via a Brook Super Converter (PS3/4 > Neo Geo) its also compatable with Nintendo Switch and PC without any extra bits needed.

I went for that purely because that one came with Sanwa buttons and sticks already so for the price I paid (37.50 posted!) I figured it was worth trying it out first, again it has a 2 year warranty if I have any issues.
    Last edited by Olly C; 21-11-2019 at 02:49 PM.

They are also stocked on CEX if you're okay shopping there, if you can source some credit for 75-80% of the value then it's really good because they'll come with a two year warranty in case you have any durability issues.

You could potentially get the Mayflash F300 for 33 shipped (they have an F500 the other day but are out of stock at the moment) then spend some money upgrading to Sanwa parts of your choice as they are really easy to mod.

https://uk.webuy.com/search?stext=ma...sortOrder=desc

Personally I've just ordered a different multiformat stick from CEX to test out, I went for this one:

https://www.dragonslay.zone/product-...ade-Fightstick

I'll be looking to use it for Xbox One and then my Neo Geo AES via a Brook Super Converter (PS3/4 > Neo Geo) its also compatable with Nintendo Switch and PC without any extra bits needed.

I went for that purely because that one came with Sanwa buttons and sticks already so for the price I paid (37.50 posted!) I figured it was worth trying it out first, again it has a 2 year warranty if I have any issues.
    Thanks Olly
    That's interesting about CEX, just looked at the F300 still in stock so might look at the properly tonight.

I actually saw that Dragonslay one on Amazon earlier when looking but 120.00 from them seemed a bit too pricey (could get a Hori RAP for under 100 on Amazon) but will definitely keep looking at them too, they look pretty good,

Thanks again for the help

Neil

Just went into buy a Play-Asia bargain Mayflash Elite 300 but delivery costs are quoted as 42-63! It would be cheaper for me to use Amazon UK?
    Last edited by paulus; 21-11-2019 at 07:40 PM. Reason: missed store name

Quote Originally Posted by paulus View Post
    Just went into buy a Play-Asia bargain Mayflash Elite 300 but delivery costs are quoted as 42-63! It would be cheaper for me to use Amazon UK?
    Yeah grab one from Amazon
    Prices for shipping from Play-Asia is obscene plus you're likely to get customs charges on something that high

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by paulus View Post
    They don't do the Mayflash F300 Elite in the UK from what I've seen, you can get the F500 Elite but that's nearing 100.

As mentioned each of the sticks is really easily upgradable so you can go for the lower end one and then chose your own upgrades and install them without the need of soldering skills.

I'll try and post back and let you guys know what I think of the Dragon Slay one, if it's no good I'll probably just grab the Venom one and customise the buttons and stick as and when I see fit.

Oh and as a negative for the Dragon Slay it's less multiformat than the others, the Mayflash and Venom options (all models) are compatible with 360/PS3 as well where as the Dragon Slay states that it isn't, I'll personally be testing to see if it works for PS3 myself as I need it to, otherwise I'm going to buy a 15 Hori Mini PS4 pad to hopefully get it to work with the Brook converter.
    Last edited by Olly C; 22-11-2019 at 12:40 AM.

Adding this link to the thread just to outline the differences between the F300 and F500, they both have the same stick and buttons, both can be upgraded in the same way, but the difference between the two are outlined here:

https://fightsticks.net/mayflash-f30...he-difference/

Also my Dragon Slay stick is scheduled for delivery tomorrow morning

Adding this link to the thread just to outline the differences between the F300 and F500, they both have the same stick and buttons, both can be upgraded in the same way, but the difference between the two are outlined here:

https://fightsticks.net/mayflash-f30...he-difference/

Also my Dragon Slay stick is scheduled for delivery tomorrow morning
    Thanks man, appreciate the link.

Look forward to your thoughts on the Dragon Slay

Neil